Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Sick Day

Since last Monday Aaron has been sick with a horrible cold. This is a guy who never gets sick with anything but has been sick for a week straight. Sunday night i started to feel icky and i started having the same symptoms that Aaron had. I managed to do alright for the rest of the day, and i made it through monday without too much trouble. But i woke up this morning feeling HORRIBLE. So i spent all day here: notice the bottled water, the humidifier, and halls lozenges. (Aaron was on the other couch, but we took down his little bed before i could get a picture) Unfortunately, Aaron is still sick and woke up at 4:30am because of a horrible coughing fit. He ran some errands (at 4:30am desperate to get more medicine and a humidifier to help him feel better). He forgot a few things so he ran some errands in the middle of the day. He came home with these. People Magazine and Real Simple Magazine. He really knows how to make a sick girl feel better!!
Today i was on a strict regimen of robitussin, aleve, dayquil/nyquil, water and m&m's (easter colors of course, because they taste better that way.)
Tomorrow i'm going to class (it's only two hours of class and hopefully i can make it through) then i'll probably come home and take to my bed. As for Aaron, he's taking Mucinex to clear up his chest congestion, and will be taking DayQuil to manage the long commute to Salt Lake for class. Being sick sucks

5 comments:

Gooch Family said...

Wow I'm glad I'm not in Utah to catch all that sickness. Seems I've been hearing about everyone being sick up there! Hope you guys start feeling better! M&M's will definitely do the trick.

Rachel said...

Hey we're in the same boat over here. And it's even 4:30am right now...that's right, I'm not sleeping. It sure would be nice to be able to breathe through my nose. The good news is Eric bought me MORE ice cream (I don't know if you've seen my blog, that ice cream was from the LAST time I was sick) and clearance bags of V-day Snickers. I forgot that you love People magazine too! Whenever we go shopping I make Eric take care of the cart in line while I browse the whole magazine. If I could afford it I definitely would be getting it in the mail. I don't know why I read that stuff, but I totally love it. Hope you guys feel better!

Tiffany said...

Poor Kara and Aaron! Good luck on getting better. I had the cold last week too and it was not fun at all. I'm jealous that your husband bought you people magazine! My husband doesn't even let me browse in line when we are checking out!

Tiffany said...

So Ryan totally told me that he saw you that time and he felt so stupid because he like looked at you funny at first, and then was like, "Hey!" when you had already passed him. So he wanted me to let you know that he did know you were! Next time you totally should be like, "HEY RYAN!!!!!!"... yes and with all those exclamation points! That would be awesome!

Chelsea said...

Sad. Call me and Ill come and nurse you back to health.