Saturday, February 16, 2008

Happy Valentines Day!

This Valentines day we started a few new traditions and continued with some others. For the past three Valentines Days that we have spent together we get a big picture framed. This year we found this amazing picture and frame at a place called Kirkland's in the mall. It was in our price range so we bought it a few days before Valentines Day. We're not going to hang it up quite yet, and only took it out of the box for a picture. We're going to hang it up in our new apartment when we move to California.
For dinner we thought we were really brilliant by planning on going around 4:30pm in order to "Beat the crowd," and when we walked into Carrabas it was PACKED! There was already a 30 to 40 minute wait. Thankfully the bar was open so we were seated right away, and we got to watch people make the food. It was really interesting. The food was amazing as always, and i got the tomato basil salmon, which makes me hungry just thinking about it. Plus we got to eat all the warm bread with herb olive oil that we wanted.When we got home Aaron had a few surprises for me. He bought me three Chick Flicks (from FYE of course), The Wedding Planner, Must love Dogs, and My Big Fat Greek Wedding!AND he made me a chocolate on chocolate cake from SCRATCH!!! And he wrote me a cute little note in strawberries. I have to brag, i have the BEST husband ever!!!!He did all these surprises for me even though he has been sick for the past couple of days. After we had some cake, he crashed on the couch and we watched the rest of the Mavs vs Suns game.
Overall, it was a fantastic Valentines Day!!!

5 comments:

Mema of 5 said...

Okay, next time you guys are in Virigina, Aaron HAS to make that cake (with I LOVE KAREN on it, of course). It looks so GOOD and I desperately want a slice. I will have to settle for M&M's. Which are good but they aren't cake made from scratch.

Rachel said...

First of all, I LOVE Kirkland's! It's one of our favorite stores! I want to buy one of those huge paintings every time I go in. Second of all, major props to Aaron for the cake! Not only does it look delicious, but it's adorable. Such a romantic even when he's sick...I think you got a good one!

The Coons Family said...

Your hair looks ADORABLE in the first pictures! Did you get it cut recently? I'm glad you had a good valentines day, I love cute husbands!

Gooch Family said...

I LOVED that store when we lived there. If only they had one here. Great stuff for poor people like me! Looks like you had a great VDay!

Tiffany said...

Your hair is so cute! So fun that you had a great v-day! Isn't v-day so much more fun now! I remember spending my valentines day freshman year I think watching Alias in my dorm room. Oh good times! We bought a painting this weekend too! I will have to blog about it soon. When do you move again?