Thursday, January 24, 2013

Utah Trip: Part 6- The Last and Final Part (I promise)

Towards the tail end of our trip the temperatures plummeted.  Aaron thought I was insane when I requested a breakfast out when the temperature was -2.
But we bundled the kids up and headed out. We needed to hit Magleby's for breakfast one last time before Aaron left.
Grace was a little obsessed with her super hero mask and wore it constantly.

We sent Aaron back to Texas to get ready to start his next semester. I stayed in Utah for a few more days and was able to catch up with one of my favorite girls. Sarah and I lived together in San Jose and worked with the Young Woman. We spent hours chatting and catching up. I loved every minute.
 Christian learned how to roll from his back to his tummy, and since then felt the need to practice arching his back whenever possible.
 All tuckered out from a play date at Kim's
 Playing at the mall
 Sending silly pictures to Dad, still loving her mask.
 My Aunt and Uncle made the drive down to Provo with my Papa J for a lunch visit. Grace is Papa J's 15th Great-Grandchild, and she loved sitting on Papa Js laps and getting wheeled around with him.
Alan, my Dad's older brother, and my Aunt Connie with Christian. It was so fun to spend the afternoon with them, and they were so nice to come down.
Jillian came over for another girls night. I seriously could not get enough of this girl. I'm so glad she lived just down the street from my in-laws. She brought caramel apples and we laughed until we cried.
 Sending Dad pictures
Christian practicing his arching during church.
My in-laws treated me to a delicious dinner out. Cubby's has the most phenomenal buffalo wing fries ever, and since my pregnancy with Christian I'm a little obsessed with anything with buffalo wing sauce. After some preliminary packing I snuck in one last visit with Jillian. There was chocolate cake involved.
I stayed up until the wee hours of the morning testing the limits of my packing skills. Two bags, five weeks worth of clothes, gear, and christmas gifts. While I cleaned before my flight, Grace and Christian crowded Papa's lap.
We loaded up the car and headed to the airport. After a tearful goodbye and a few flight delays (darn American Airlines) we were on our way.
Our friends were on the flight with us as well, which made the additional on-plane delay, and a much needed bathroom break for me more handle-able. Christian was hungry at the beginning of my flight and although I had my nursing cover, I'm pretty sure the two men sitting across from me were scarred for life. They were the definition of awkward.

We got home late that night and immediately crashed at home. The next morning we headed to Chick-fil-a, it was so good to finally be home.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

tell grace she rocks the super hero mask. tell christian that liv thinks his arching skillz are legit. tell aaron to move back to california when he's done with school because i miss you guys sooooo much.