Thursday, January 3, 2013

Utah Trip: Part 2

Everywhere we went I kept saying, "It's so beautiful." Granted I lived here for 4 years, but I don't think I actually appreciated how gorgeous the mountains were. I would try my best to capture the beauty on camera.
However, the pictures never seemed to do them justice. There is nothing quite like driving into a mountain on the horizon.
We began to make ourselves at home, falling easily into normal patterns with the added bonus of being surrounded by family.
But, we still missed our main man and sent him pictures daily wishing him luck on his finals.
We spent more time with the Coons family. I love that Coons family. We risked our lives running across the street to party at Provo Beach Resort.
Jillian did not get the "Show your double chin" memo. Probably because she couldn't make one even if she tried.

Papa pulled double duty while Aaron was still in Dallas
One of Grace's favorite activities was to head to the lake with Papa to feed the ducks and horses. One morning Christian and I tagged along as well.






And, of course, we headed to McDonalds afterwards for the play-place and ice cold DDPs
Gearing up for Christmas (Ho! Ho! Ho!)
The last time Diana and I got together I was three months pregnant with Christian. Since then she got pregnant with her forth baby and we both had baby boys. A get-together was definitely in the cards.
The girls: Grace, Audrey, Brooklyn, and Ella
I finally got to meet Davis. Such a cute boy.
I couldn't wait to get my hands on him.
We hung out and chatted all afternoon just like old times. We even had some fun playing with our cameras. Di, you ready to move next door to me?!
Excited that Aaron finished his finals!
Grace flexed her baking muscles with Grandee's guidance.

Finally our main man made is way out to Utah.
Three generations of Barnard Boys. They look a like, don't they.
Grace was ecstatic to see her first snowfall of the season, but was sad that we had to go to church instead of play in it.
And then we all settled nicely into vacation mode.


I decided to take the plunge and start feeding Christian solids. I started Grace right off the bat with solids at 4 months, and looking back I wish I would have waited longer.


He was really confused at what was happening. Grandee was holding his hands down and I was feeding him.
His face says it all. He hated every single bite.
I tried again the next day and his reaction didn't improve. So I bagged then endeavor, and we commenced our blissful vacation.




1 comment:

Now...A Family of Four said...

What a fun vacay! So happy you guys had a wonderful holiday with family and snow!

By the way CCB is looking good these days, so happy!