Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Utah trip: Part 1

On November 29th, we headed to the airport and awaited our flight to Salt Lake. Aaron had to study for finals, and take his finals, and we were going out for Rachel's wedding so we figured we would head out early and enjoy a nice long vacation.
 That's a yogurt raisin, in case you were wondering.
 Taking the term "easy baby" to new levels
I was nervous to fly by myself with two kids, but also not all that nervous. Does that make sense? I have flown enough with Grace to know that the most difficult time to fly with a child is when they are mobile, can't stand sitting still, and can't really communicate with you (10 months to 20 months). Grace is old enough to be entertained by shows on my phone, stickers, or coloring books. Christian is at an age where merely being held is his favorite thing. So at the most basic level I knew they would be fine on the plane. I was nervous about the ascent/descent and Christian's ears, not to mention how anyone around me would react to multiple bathroom trips and me awkwardly maneuvering around trying to get snacks or toys, etc. Amazingly, I was very very lucky. There was no one else in my row or the two rows behind me, or in the row across from me. We were able to stretch out and we didn't bother or bump into anyone.

 I loved seeing these gorgeous mountains from the sky.
After we landed we met up with Rachel and Jake for some lunch.
Then we headed to my in-law's house and got some quality Papa and Grandee time.
This picture of Christian and Papa:
 Reminded me of a picture that Papa took with Grace 3 years ago.
A few days later I was able to get together with one of my favorite girls.
Lucas and Grace were two peas in a pod
And Jane and Christian were finally able to meet (and that is my foot with the perma-sandal tan line)
I love this girl and I can't believe between the two of us we now have four kids. We must be growing up.
Weren't we just here yesterday? First game of the BYU football season our Freshmen year?
Our first weekend in Utah we jump-started the Christmas season by going to the Christmas breakfast.



2 comments:

Rachel said...

It is very likely I will be flying by myself this summer with Jilly and a 2 month old so I'm glad your trip went well!

Tiffany said...

BEST PICTURE EVER of you 2 at the game! And yes, I totally agree... i swear it has gone by way to fast. I feel like just last year you were saying, "Fro yo? Fro NO!" :) Good times.