Monday, February 13, 2012

Houston

The day after the wee babe's gender ultrasound, Grace and I headed down to Houston. To say we were excited is a huge understatement. I have been going through serious withdrawals since my sister has moved and a reunion of the cousins was definitely in order. It was an added bonus that my Mom was also in town, truly making it a party.

We kicked the trip off the best way possible: Blue Bell Factory tour.


The best part of the tour is the free ice cream that you get at the end. We took plenty of pictures for Aaron to make him as jealous as we possibly could (you're welcome sweetie). I got Grace the most child-ish looking ice cream, it had lots of bright neon colors. It turns out, however, that Grace is a girl after my own heart, since I learned she prefers chocolate ice cream. She stole my chocolate scoop and I ended up eating her neon colored scoop. Hers ended up being cake batter ice cream with pieces of cookie dough, it was amazing beyond description, so I deemed it a fair trade. But was floored that my girl now has an ice cream flavor preference.
We soaked up as much family time as we could. Wearing Batman capes and reading the scriptures together.
Eating out at delicious restaurants.
Playing with cousins all day long. More wearing of the Batman cape.
 Hi Grace.
And watching season 1 of the best show ever: Downton Abbey.
We sadly sent my Mom/Mema/Meah back to Virginia on Saturday.
After dropping her off at the airport I was able to head over to my sister-in-law Olivia's house to spend the afternoon with her and my nieces and nephew. I'm kicking myself because I didn't take any pictures despite bringing my camera for the sole purpose of doing so. Tarynn kept Grace in baby doll heaven while I had my niece Avery give me the teen novel run down of which I should read and which I shouldn't. It was a fabulous visit. (Let's have another one soon, sound good Liv?) It completely tuckered Grace out.
Stace and I got the kids ready early. I put my lifeguard skills to work as I tubbied the kiddos.
I love the look on Grace's face in this picture. Pure happiness. I'm not exaggerating when I tell you she was in heaven being reunited with Carly and Taylor.
We left the kids at home with Cade, and Stacey and I met a bunch of girls for a Girls Movie Night. If there is one thing you should never do, it is to be pregnant and watch The Vow. I'm pretty sure I cried during the entire movie. I cried when things were happy, I cried when things we sad, I cried as I thought about what I would do if Aaron couldn't remember who I was. It was a painful overly hormonal experience. But Stacey's girlfriends were wonderful company and accepted me despite a red and puffy tear-stained face.

We left Sunday, fully stocked with Stacey's famous Oatmeal PB Cinnamon Chocolate Chip cookies (Aaron's favorite). Houston was a hit. We already miss being there. Grace has asked to see her cousins at least 12 times today. I hope we go back soon.

2 comments:

Diana said...

I'm so glad you love Downton Abbey, I just hope the men watched it with you guys...and then listened to the Twilight Soundtrack afterwards! Haha! Looks like you guys had fun, love you!

Stacey said...

I loved reliving our week together through your pictures. It was so fun to have you and Grace here. I hope you will come visit again SOON!