Monday, February 6, 2012

Awake

It is 6:20 in the morning.

I have been awake for an hour.

My anatomy scan, or gender ultrasound, for the baby is today.

I am so excited that I cannot, for the life of me, fall back to sleep. I thought I was excited when we went to Grace's gender ultrasound. But this time around the excitement seems to be ten fold. I thought for sure everything regarding this second pregnancy would be "old hat." Been there, done that. It's quite the opposite. I count down each and every week. Check my weekly pregnancy updates on BabyCenter the moment they change to a new week. I have been counting down to this appointment since I scheduled it 4 weeks ago. I was so anxiously excited yesterday that I wondered if I would even fall asleep (and trust me, it had nothing to do with the Super Bowl).

I told Aaron yesterday that I wish I had a better handle on my emotions. They seem to be all over the place. I feel like a 4 year old in a candy store that was just told I could eat whatever sugary goods I could get my hands on. I'm slightly embarrassed at my over excitement over something so routine.

It's just an appointment.

At least that is what I keep telling myself.

But this will be the first time we have "seen" the baby since it was 8 weeks and barely even had arm or leg buds. Today we'll see the baby that has been moving up a storm these past few weeks. Today we'll know what gender we're having. No more "him or her" comments. We'll know whether Grace was right all along, or if my sister Ashby was the one who had it right.

I am so excited.

6 comments:

Alicia said...

Good luck! Can't wait to hear!

Diana said...

My guess is Boy! Can't wait, so excited for you!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Ooh! Can't wait to hear! I hope dos cooperates for you.

Shannon said...

this is so exciting! you SHOULD be excited! You have every right to be. This is an amazing time of life for you guys! Enjoy-and revel in-every moment! love you Kara.

The Coons Family said...

I cannot wait!!!!! So so excited!

Andrea said...

I completely agree with the 2nd kid excitement comment. I really thought it would be routine the second time around too, but it was actually MORE exciting for some reason. Maybe because I wasn't as terrified:)