Thursday, November 24, 2011

A Day of Thanks and Food

Last night Aaron and I hid the 12 Turkey's for the Turkey Hunt. Each spot obvious enough for Grace to see it, but tricky enough to keep it exciting. So first thing in the morning, Grace went a huntin' for some Turkeys. She had a blast locating each one. We had to help her and give her obvious clues, "What about in the Bathroom, Gracie?" She asked to keep looking for them long after she had already found them. And yes, Aaron and I laminated the Turkeys. It seemed like a must with a toddler. Don't let the bored-out-of-her-mind look on Grace's face fool you, I swear she enjoyed it.
While the parade played in the background we made a breakfast of pumpkin chocolate chip pancakes, hash browns, and mushroom monterey jack eggs. Aaron did all the dishes. Husband of the year.

We got our goods together and headed out to our Group Thanksgiving. A lovely gathering of families who were Texas transplants and not heading out of town to celebrate. The kids table was bumpin'.
We kept our Barnard tradition alive and made sure to get DDPs on tap .
The food spread was, for lack of a better phrase, crazy legit. Every base was covered. It was an amazing sight to see.
Our celebration was so crazy awesome that the missionaries were there. Holler.
We sported our Turkey trot shirts, and for the second month in a row we got a family picture. High fives all around.
The rest of our celebration involves football, skyping with our families, scarfing down leftovers, more football, and watching Christmas Vacation. Sounds like a pretty awesome holiday to me.

Did I mention that Aaron did all the dishes including clearing out the dishwasher multiple times. Yeah, he knows how to make this woman happy.

Happy Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Definitely looks legit! I can't believe you did all that already. We haven't even eaten, but you better believe I'm hungry. Get me to the food! Happy Thanksgiving!

Jodie said...

You are my favorite! It was so nice to spend Thanksgiving together. I still am a little secretly peeved that you didn't bring me a DDP...but hey, I will get over it! ;) Good to see you and Gracie is the cutest!