Wednesday, April 7, 2010

7 Months

I've been very nostalgic lately (can you tell?) and figured that I would continue down that road.

Last April I had a few visits to the hospital (blasted kidneys) and on one such visit Aaron and I were walking around the hospital so I could stretch my legs and so we wouldn't lose our sanity. We moseyed our way to the gift shop where I spotted these tiny onesies that stated where the baby was born. I expressed to Aaron how cute I thought they were and how the baby could always have it as a keepsake.

Fast forward to September 2009. While I was in labor Aaron snuck down to the gift shop (believe me, he had plenty of time) and bought Grace one of the onesies I was melting over just months earlier. He brought it into the room and I almost cried. I urged my mom to take some pictures and I thought to myself, "I can't wait until we can put her in it."
Its been 7 months since that little shirt was purchased, and I'm sorry to say that I never put Grace in it. I was going through Grace's drawers and cleaning out the clothes she doesn't fit into anymore when I spotted it. I knew it was now too small but I put it on her anyway. I didn't want all that thoughtfulness to go to waste
The fit was snug but the picture was taken and Grace can always have it. Years from now she can be nostalgic about it (My Dad got me this shirt the day I was born...).

Here are some recent pictures of our 7 month old Brown Eyed Girl
Checking out the "other" baby
Mmmm tags...
Helping Dad make some important calls before work
The Facts:

-She continues to be a scooting machine
-Is learning how to pull herself up
-Finds/chews on any and every tag she sees
-Loves looking at herself in the mirror
-Knows the difference between familiar faces and strangers (aka is comfortable with people she sees a lot and cries when someone new holds her)
-Has no teeth and, from what I can tell, no teeth coming anytime soon
-Can sit up on her own
-Is called (by us) Little Aaron because she is just like her Dad

Happy 7 months Gracie Kate

5 comments:

Kinzie Sue said...

Happy 7 months beautiful girl!! B does the same thing with tags... they end up soggy messes, the fabric ones just drip, and the paper ones rip off (then he tries to eat them!) Must be a 7-month-old phase or something! Gracie sure is a brown eyed cutie!! kisses from B!

Tiffany said...

Such a cute onesie! Such a funny story that you never put it on her. And Brooklyn is the same way about the tags! It drives me crazy but also is so cute.

Diana said...

What is it with tags, Ella grabs them as we walk by clothes in the store, we're always knocking stuff down. I love the picture of her in the mirror, that cracks me up and I love the onsie, I think it fits perfect!

Jamie said...

i love all your 'trip down memory lane' posts! i may just have to do one myself soon. i love the pic of her and aaron. so cute! i'm glad you are treasuring every moment and writing all the little things down. i feel like time is slipping away from me and my sadie is a little girl now and not a baby at all. i can't even remember when it happened. i swear it was overnight!

erika herman said...

I can't believe she is already seven months old. Time really flies. She is precious!