Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving

With all of the western dwelling family members, we decided to have Thanksgiving at my sister Ashby's house in Phoenix. It was one of the best Thanksgiving weekends I've ever had. And I'm pretty sure I want to move to Phoenix. Here is the picture recap of the weekend. (Photos courtesy of Ashby)

Thanksgiving day started with a Turkey trot. Aaron and I missed it because we were flying to Phoenix at the time. But, here is the group that participated.
Once Aaron and I arrived, everyone went straight for the babe
But once they realized that Aaron and I were there too, they saw our super awesome Three Wolf Moon t-shirts. (For an explanation of the wolf moon shirt click HERE. Its definitely worth your while)
Aaron even grew out a WT fumanchu to go with his wolf/moon shirt
Finally it was Turkey time. The lovely host, Ryan, carving the bird.
The table. Gorgeous? Yes. My sisters whole house was gorgeous
After dinner, there were a lot of manly activities like watching football and arm wrestling
And napping (there was a blanket shortage, thus the towel)
Since Thanksgiving was officially over once the dishes were done, the Grandkids opened their Christmas jammies. Ryan helped Grace open hers.
The Stringham Ladies got matchy matchy Christmas jammies too.
On Friday the men Golfed
While the women got pedicures. Thanks Mom! (Snowflake design and polish called Mistle-toes-y, you better believe it)
For lunch, Five Guys. YES they have Five Guys in Phoenix... its amazing.
The Group. I think we took up half of the tables"Baby Grace," got lots of TLC from her cousins which she thoroughly enjoyed On Saturday, after a lunch at Cafe Rio, we took family pictures with Jen. here is a Preview that Ashby took.Then we headed to the Mesa Temple to see the Christmas lights.I was not in a good mood, can you tell?

Aside from my Christmas lights crankiness our Thanksgiving weekend was absolutely fabulous. We had so much fun being with family, having warm weather all day, and eating our hearts out. Ashby and Ryan thank you so much for letting us stay. You were great hosts and your house is amazing, I'm thinking about moving in with you.

Now lets start celebrating Christmas!

6 comments:

Mema of 5 said...

Wow, you really captured everything about the weekend including your Mesa Temple meltdown. Too bad you didn't post a picture of our faboo toenails. I don't think I can get another pedicure until I go to Arizona again because they don't know how to do cool ones in Virginia. Thank you so much for coming to AZ for Thanksgiving. I loved having you there. And, by "you" I mean Gracie, jk. She's adorable and so mellow, even when she is off schedule. I hope she can readjust quickly before you head to Utah and mess her up again. Love you!

Anonymous said...

The picture of Matt with the towel made me think of rainy days at VW - except with a much better napping couch.

Rachel said...

These are some fabulous pictures! I cannot believe I haven't heard of the Three Wolf Moon sensation! Where have I been?? The kid I had a crush on in elementary school had a shirt that looked strangely familiar..I even have his school picture that he signed and gave me where he is wearing it. And I think that you should highly consider moving to Phoenix; my family lives in Mesa and it is very possible that we might one day! I love the nap with the towel and your bad mood face at the temple lights. Oh yeah, Five Guys = Bliss.

Unknown said...

that sounds like an awesome holiday!!

opening Christmas pj's on that day is a wonderful idea, i have been thinking of how i can get my children their pj's before Christmas, thank you for sharing!

Kristina said...

The matching jammies are awesome. I want a pair.

I love the Mesa Temple at Christmas. Sounds like such an awesome Thanksgiving! Grace is lucky to have so many people who love her!

Tiffany said...

your face is so funny! I love it!