Monday, November 9, 2009

Grandpa Wayne

Aaron's step-grandfather passed away last week. Aaron was able to get some time off so that he could drive to Utah and attend the funeral with his family. I wish that Grace and i could have gone too, but a 12 hour drive and a 2 month old just don't seem to mix. I'm really glad that Aaron was able to go and able to spend this time with his Grandma and family.

(Photos courtesy of Jami Barnard - Aaron's cousin)
Wayne was a military veteran (air force) so he had an official military burial with a gun salute and everything. Aaron said it was a really cool thing to see.Aaron with some of the Barnard clan.
My favorite memory of Wayne was that he and Aaron's grandmother were tearing up the dance floor at our wedding reception. He really knew how to bust a move.

Goodbye Grandpa Wayne, we'll miss you.

1 comment:

Ashby said...

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about his passing! I hope Aaron's family is doing okay!