Thursday, November 5, 2009

2 Months

Stats:
Height: 23 inches- 75th percentile
Weight: 10lbs 11oz- 50th percentile
Head:- 25th percentile

Gracie also had her dreaded 2 month vaccinations which included an oral vaccination, and 3 shots.
The first shot didn't seem to phase her. But once the second one hit- she cried so hard only dogs could hear her. She probably didn't even realize the third one had been given because she was still pissed about the second one. I told myself that i wouldn't cry when she got her shots. But when her cry went into the sonar range, i couldn't help it and my eyes got all watery. Thankfully Aaron was there to hold me while they finished her shots. She has had a bit of a rough day, but nothing a little tylenol and some extra love couldn't solve.

At Two Months Grace is (these are things for me to remember, so don't feel like you need to read them)
-Smiling a lot (especially after she eats and while she is getting her diaper changed)
-Loves when you talk to her
-Focuses on you
-Follows you with her eyes
-Loves to "chat" with you (aka coos and makes gurgle sounds when you talk to her)
-Kicks her feet like crazy
-Likes to hold her head up and look around
-Loves to stare at lights, especially the TV or computer screen
-Nicknames: Gracie, Gracie Girl, Miss Bliss, Bugaboo, Buckerooski, Bubbarooski (i have no idea where those ones came from), and Sweet Pea.
-If you look closely she has a big brown spot in her right eye. I think her eye are going to be just like her Momma's.

I've been having so much fun with Gracie. Hanging out with her everyday is the best job i could ever ask for.

Happy two months!

6 comments:

Ashby said...

Ah, yes. Shots on your first always bring on the tears. Have another and you'll be like "yeah, yeah let's get this over with already".

We can't wait for you guys to get here in a few weeks! I need some more Gracie loves!

Diana said...

Glad the first shots are over, I couldn't even watch...let's hang out!

Brig said...

I always used to cry with Scotty, don't worry, you'll get over it. :) I think it's worse getting the band-aids off sometimes!

Brig said...

What the....this is Stephanie. I had no idea BRigham even had an account.

Mema of 5 said...

Okay, so were her bandaids really silver? How fashionable! Next post I want a picture of the eye with the brown blob. Is it just one eye? Maybe each of her eyes will end up being a different color. How cool would that be??? Anyway, she is so adorable and has changed so much. I can't wait to see her in person.

Tiffany said...

She is such a cutie! I can't believe it's been 2 months already! It goes fast doesn't it!?!? Seriously, like you said, it feels like we were living in the dorms last year. Oh, and prepare yourself for her 6 month check up! Brooklyn got 6 shots and the last of the oral vaccine when she went in. It was so sad!