Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Lip Issues

These are my lips. Huge? Yes. Painful? Yes. Peeling? Yes. Little bumps? Yes.At first i thought that it suddenly became dry and my lips were reacting to the dry weather. So i slathered on the Burt's Bees and hoped for the best. It only got worse. Two days of swollen painful lips got me thinking that this wasn't your ordinary dry weather. In desperation (kind of) i turned to the internet. After doing some research i learned that the symptoms i was having were the same symptoms you get when you are having an allergic reaction to lip products. I also learned that some people can develop allergies and sensitivity to Burt's Bees chapstick if they use it often, which is me. It all adds up. I bought a new tube of Burt's Bees chapstick and later that day my lips started to react. So what i thought was dry weather was actually an allergic reaction. Every time I put more chapstick on to help the pain, it only made it worse. Now i look like i've had collagen injections and my lips are now the same color as my skin. Sad.

How random is that?

7 comments:

Kinzie Sue said...

Well, some people pay to get volumptuous lips like angelina... Oh, and I also wanted to say that miss Gracie made the cutest little pumpkin!!

McKenzie said...

Sad! Be careful, although I agree... lips like Angelina that people pay and sometimes kill for. :)

Mema of 5 said...

I am so sorry! Throw out all your BB's stuff, slather on the vaseline and guzzle benedryl. Btw, your baby is DARLING!

Momma Nielson said...

So sad to be allergic to Burts! I am so addicted to the stuff. I might add that your lips look ultra glam--but so not worth the pain. Good luck!

Diana said...

So random...the more you use it, the more it could make you allergic...what the heck. I think 1 of your lips are the size of both of mine...maybe I should start using more Burts Bees.

The Harrisons said...

Yikes, I'm sorry! I hope you find a replacement that you like just as much. My favs are Carmex and Nuskin.

Shannon said...

What a random thing; who knew you could be allergic to chap stick? Lame-o. P.S. Got baby G's announcement, and I squealed and giggled. Ryan did not know WHAT was going on, until I showed him her adorableness. Then he totally joined in (just kidding, but he thought she was adorable, as well).