Monday, June 11, 2012

Showered

Last weekend, four fabulous women took on the task of throwing me and Baby Boy Barnard a baby shower. Caryn, Bridget, Kinsey, and Andrea- you are saints.


Please take notice that I am the first, and only person bum-rushing the food table. My "eating for two" excuse is just about to expire, I need to utilize it as much as humanly possible.
I was really excited for the shower so I could get together with some of my favorite ladies and have some serious girl talk.
 The food was pretty fabulous so I think they were excited to be there as well. Right ladies?
We played some hysterical games.
And I opened a plethora of gifts- it's safe to say that Baby Boy's wardrobe is set for months. I will never cease to be amazed by the kindness and thoughtfulness of others.
While I was busy swooning over tiny clothing (who knew baby boy clothes could be so much fun?), these three ladies were hard at work folding and saving this tissue paper. Too funny.
I also got to participate in my first bump-to-bump picture. Christy and I were due 2 weeks apart, although since this picture was taken, Christy has since given birth. Welcome Tate Nicole!
We got Julie in on the bump picture action since her twin boys were due (via adoption) in early June. Her boys were also born shortly thereafter, welcome Caleb and Joshua. Julie and Christy totally left me in the dust, still awaiting my little man. Thanks a lot ladies ;). Glad we all got a last minute bump picture together.
I can't even begin to express my gratitude for the hostesses and all those who showered me with love. You all are amazing and I can't wait for Baby Boy to get here to utilize all of our spoils.

1 comment:

Karen said...

You are so cute. It looks like it was awesome! I so I had been able to be there, but I couldn't exactly ditch my own kids' birthday party. I'm glad you had so much fun. It looks like it was a beautiful shower. :)