Monday, June 18, 2012

Maternity-gram

Lately it seems that all of my Instagram pictures involve something having to do with me being pregnant. It has turned into Maternity-gram, apparently, at least for me. For those of you who follow me on Instagram, these pictures will be repetitive. For those of you who don't, here is a view of life in the third trimester.

The belly at 34 weeks
Carter's outlet, just down the road from us, was having a 70% off sale. All clearance items were an additional 25% off. We were all over that clearance rack like nobody's business.
It has become harder and harder to resist napping when Grace is asleep during the day. I always plan things to do during my 2 hour window, but the closer I get to the end of my pregnancy, the harder it is to keep my eyes open during nap time.
Baby shower spoils. I'm telling you, Baby Barnard is set for months in the clothing department. Those women were crazy legit with their gift giving.
Grace has always been interested in babies, and recently has taken an interest in caring for babies, or her baby dolls specifically. When Miles was over she was very attentive to him when his pacifier would fall out and she would gingerly place it back in his mouth (whether he wanted it in his mouth or not). I'm not sure where she learned these things, or if she just has a killer nurturing instinct. She has never personally witnessed me constantly caring for a baby, but she seems to know the ins and outs of what it takes. At lunch the other day she got her doll all set and ready to go for lunch. She even requested a bib be put on her, and had her "diaper bag" on just in case. I wish I could take credit for her skills, but they are all her own. I hope baby boy won't mind having two "Moms" on the scene. :)
Apparently Aaron and I need to avoid clearance racks at all times. We were taking a walk in the mall down the street and happened to walk into Gap, where we happened to see this jacket, and it happened to be on a ridiculous sale. Aaron couldn't leave the store without it, and I happened to agree, and now it is ours. We have to wait awhile until our Boy can fit into it, but I think it will be well worth the wait.
This is pretty self explanatory. Grace wanted ice cream, I picked the flavor (seriously try it, its amazing. Cake batter ice cream with cookie dough bites...yeah, like I said, amazing.)
Grace had some before she went to bed, and after she went to bed, I polished that sucker off. Aaron told me "This is the epitome of pregnancy."
I refuse to spend money on maternity work out clothing, although I think I'm starting to push the limits with my non-maternity gear.
Sister friend is wanting extra lovin' and snuggles these days. From my once completely un-snuggly child it is a shock but I am loving this phase. I'm soaking in every moment with this sweet girl when my attention can be 100% hers. She might not ever remember the times that we spent just the two of us, but I hope she always knows that I loved her first.
This is not a maternity Instrgram picture, but it is safe to say that it is one of my favorite pictures of all time. While Grace has been learning to make numbers with her fingers, she stumbled across this hand formation. The intense look, the "born in the USA" vibe being given off by her swimsuit, this girl is hardcore. Rock on.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I have seen all these on Instagram, but I enjoyed seeing them all over again - and putting together a post of all your maternity ones is a fab idea! I love that Aaron can't resist the baby clearance racks either! That leather jacket is seriously cute. And the one of Grace taking care of her baby is ridiculously cute. Oh and the one of her snuggling. It's like she knows soon she will be sharing some of your attention so she is soaking it up. And you need to submit that rock on photo to something, because it is EPIC.

Bill said...

Can't wait to see the Boy in his leather jacket sayin' "Aayyyy" and giving two thumbs up like the Fonz.

Rachel N said...

"She might not ever remember the times that we spent just the two of us, but I hope she always knows that I loved her first." <- TEARS!!!! That is one of the most precious things I've ever read.