Thursday, June 28, 2012

Man Weekend

We started Aaron's Fathers Day celebration the Saturday before. Despite Texas heat, we grilled up some ribs and pineapple and had a plethora of manly sides. Nothing says "Man" more than a good old BBQ, right?
 Our grill-masters.
 Grace partying in style.
After a solid nap (it's how we roll these days) we headed up to Frisco to the Rough Riders game. Third row seats, hot dogs, DDP, and nachos on the house. It was amazing.

Huge shout out to the Taylor's who totally hooked us up with our tickets. Note to self: having legit friends pays off.
 Grace made sure to read up on the players and their stats.
I had to include this last picture, although I'm pretty sure it is the absolute worst picture of me ever (it's the angle, I swear--yeah, I'm blaming the angle and not the fact that I'm 8.75 months pregnant). The moment this picture was taken, a ball was hit and was flying right where we were sitting. Zac was keeping it cool and holding his pose. I seem oblivious, probably because I should have been more concerned with how many chins I was rocking. You can tell Andrea has noticed the ball but seems calm, cool, and collected. And then there is Aaron. I can't look at the face he is making without laughing. I just don't have words to describe it. It's the best. I love him.
On Father's day we went to church, and then I seriously dropped the ball on brunch. I promised Aaron omelets, only to start getting them ready and realizing that I didn't have enough eggs and I didn't have half of the requested ingredients. Wife of the year? Not so much. Grace and I did our best to pamper him. Grace loves to tuck Aaron in if we take naps during the weekend. On this occasion she wanted to snuggle with Aaron and sing him to sleep. A little extra somethin' somethin' for her Dad who always pulls through for her in the tucking in/singing department.
Thankfully, I salvaged the food portion of our celebration by making Aaron's favorite dish: homemade spaghetti and meatballs.

I cannot say enough good things about Aaron as a father. I wouldn't be half of the parent that I am if it wasn't for his example. Every time I start to lose my cool, he takes over and calmly handles the situation. He has a way with Grace that makes me think he was made to be a father. He has brilliant ideas, is consistent, follows-through, and most importantly he always chooses love. Amazing, I tell you. I know that I'm a lucky woman. I hope he knows how grateful I am that he is the one standing next to me helping me raise our children. In time I hope our kids will realize how lucky they are and that they will tell him often.

We love you Aaron/Dad. Happy Father's Day.

No comments: