Thursday, June 7, 2012

I Turned 26

I was born 26 years ago and I have come to the conclusion that 26 sounds a whole lot less cool than 25.  But regardless, my "late twenties" started off on the best foot possible. Aaron took the day of my birthday off from work. Best present ever. Not to mention that with the Memorial Day holiday, he had a solid five day weekend. It was amazing.

We rocked Costa Vida for lunch, and the Cheesecake Factory for dinner, using our Cheesecake Factory spoils as birthday cake before the present opening began. Grace really jumped on the celebration band-wagon and was all about the cake, candle, and present opening.


Spending all day together as a family was an incredible way to celebrate. I was spoiled by my parents and Aaron's parents, and Aaron blew up my Kindle with 4 books I've been dying to read. It was pure bliss on every front and I am one seriously lucky girl.

Happy 26

3 comments:

Shannon said...

oh, 26 is a GREAT year! So glad you got to spend it in style with your beautiful family. That cake looks divine. I wish you were still here and we could go to Togo's and talk for hours to celebrate. Love you lots.

Erin Collins said...

Happy Birthday!! I need to get used to my Kindle... Did it take you awhile to like yours?

Now...A Family of Four said...

Happy Birthday Kara!! 26 will be your coolest year yet!