Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Things We Love About Christmas Break

Spending our first Christmas with Gracie
The "Wild Side" Snuggie
Family togetherness
Playing with Papa
Snuggies with Grandee
Christmas Eve game night
Joe
Forcing our child to take an awkward picture laying in presents
Munching on toes... so good
Presents!
Family lunches at Chick-Fil-A
Gracie Girl
Mountains
Jazz game the day after Christmas
Beautiful Christmas gifts from Aaron
Snow
and the ability to stay indoors while it snowed
Rock band and sheer Barnard concentration

Papa's truck getting us through the snow
Plane rides and a happy baby
Making funny faces
Spending time with Mema and Poppy
and the Stringham side of the family
Experiences like climbing out the basement window because our 3 year old Nephew locked us down there

We had an amazing Christmas this year and spending it with Grace and our families made it even more special. Thanks to our families, we love and miss you already.

10 comments:

Mema of 5 said...

Man, our side of the family certainly got the shaft in this post. And, could you have found a less flattering picture of me? I really look old and tired despite my 3 hour hair (which looks fantastic, btw). And, yes, your blog IS all about ME!

Kristina said...

Looks like you totally had the same Christmas as we did. Sounded awesome and perfect!... so hard to return from vacation!

Kinzie Sue said...

Glad you guys had a great Christmas! Being with family is what it's all about!! Happy New Year!

The Zangers said...

Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas. Love your necklace! Mine broke today :( I'm so sad. Hopefully we can get together soon. I will email you.

P.S. Thank you for the encouragement on my blog. I'm in need of it and its only day 2. ha!

Momma Nielson said...

It was fun to see you guys in church on Sunday. I think Taylor might have a teensy crush on Laura. ha ha. My fave pic of you guys is your concentration playing guitar hero. Too cute. BTW--Mema's hair really did look good:)

Shannon said...

I love your painting up in your apartment; it looks fabulous. As well as the tree, to be sure. I think your mom is so beautiful. You really look so much like her! So glad that your trips were fun-filled and that you got to enjoy some snow during Christmas. The picture of Grace cracks me up where she is making her funny face!

Diana said...

Love the wild side snuggie, glad you're back, let's hang out, grace looks WAY more grown up then when I saw her last and that's not ok

Jamie said...

so it looks like you guys had a totally awesome christmas break! i love all the pics! especially the ones of gracie smiling, so cute! oh, and the rockband pics, haha. we have a few pictures just like that of us concentrating just as hard ; )

Stephanie said...

Oh Kara, by all means, we can share the quote. I can't take credit for it, anyways. I got it off KungFu panda. He's so wise. Looks like a great Christmas! We should get together soon.

The Coons Family said...

We need to catch up!!! Call me!