Sunday, January 17, 2010

Resolutions

It's resolution time. To be honest, I don't ever remember making New Years resolutions. I'm sure I thought to myself "Oh in the new year I should do this..." but I don't ever remember actually setting a goal and doing it (even if it was for just the first day or first week). This year I actually thought of goals in December that I wanted to accomplish and narrowed down the results to just two resolutions.

1.) I want to be more honest. Not in the sense that I'm a pathological liar and need help... but stick with me here.

First I want to be more honest with myself in regards to why I'm doing a certain thing or not doing a certain thing. I don't want to make excuses for myself as to why, for example, I'm not doing the dishes when I walk by them. Its not because I'm tired or that I have other things to do, I'm not doing them because I'm lazy and would rather sit on my computer. I want to make myself accountable for the things I'm doing. Does that make sense?

Second, I want to be honest with other people. For example, if I'm mad at Aaron for whatever reason and he asks "Are you upset?" I would like to answer "Yes." There is no reason for him to ask me 9,000 times if I'm mad when clearly I'm acting that way but saying that nothing is wrong. There is no point in beating around the bush. This goes along with situations where people ask me "Do you care if I....(insert something here)?" and I say no, I want the person to believe me. I don't want a situation where they ask "Are you sure?" over and over.

Its kind of an obscure resolution but its one that I definitely want to work on.

2.) I want to/am going to run a half marathon. This is something that I have wanted to do for awhile and I thought that after having Grace this would be a great way to get back into shape. I wanted to make sure that I survived the first week of training before I declared to the world that I was going to do this. Thankfully, I survived. I ran more in this week than any other week of my life. At times I thought that I would die while running, but I'm keeping the pace slow and manageable. I'm pretty excited and insanely scared all at the same time.

With the help of the running schedule Aaron's Dad put together for me:
And the jogging stroller, complete with sleeping baby, that my friend is letting me borrow until I get my own (hopefully).
I think that I'll be ready to run the half marathon by the summer. Keep your fingers crossed.

Heres to you 2010!


7 comments:

Diana said...

I thought you were just modeling the stroller with a pooh bear in the first picture! Ha! You're motivating me...but I don't know if I want to be motivated, I am just lazy.

Stephanie said...

Oh, yes! I can start training with you. Let me just go buy a $600 double Bob stroller for Scott and Emily and I'll put Grant in the Baby Bjorn....

Juliet said...

good luck with 1/2 marathon. i just did one, great experience. i do disagree, you have run more in one week of your life. preseason with gidieon!

haha

Anonymous said...

Good goals Kara! If you feel like choosing at Half Marathon in Utah, call me and I'll run it with you!!

The Zangers said...

Good luck with your training. Great goald for 2010! If you ever need a motivator and want a running partner - call me and I will attempt to keep up. :)

The Coons Family said...

I love the "honest" resolution...I totally deny when I am upset with Andy when CLEARLY I am. I also love Grace with the Pooh outfit, adorable!

Kristina said...

awesome goals... esp the running one. that'll be so fun to accomplish. i need to do that.