Tuesday, April 14, 2009

It Has Begun

Aaron and i decided that we weren't going to buy anything for the baby until we knew what we were having. Amazingly we stuck to the plan, and the weekend after we found out we were having a girl we decided to buy a little something while we were at Target. I was thinking that the first thing we would buy would be a cute dress, but everything was really summery and this little girl is showing up after the summer so that wouldn't have worked. We decided to get her some cute jammies instead.
My favorite part are the little ducks on the feet. I can't wait to put her in this.Yesterday i got a package in the mail from my mom. When i opened it, i saw these little shoes inside. I'm pretty sure they are the cutest things i have ever seen. Patent leather, silk bows, does it get any better than that?To give you an idea of just how small and adorable the shoes are, i put them next to her dad's shoes.I'm so excited that we're having a girl. Let the shopping mayhem (and uncontrollable cuteness) begin!

9 comments:

Diana said...

Those are pretty much the cutest little shoes I have ever seen and I will go shopping for girl stuff ANY time you want!

Kinzie Sue said...

Oh how I love little sleepers and tinsie-tiny baby shoes!! You are going to fall in love with so many of her little things and be sad when she grows out of them. Good thing you can hold on to them and look back at how tiny she was! (We have a pic like that of some of Kiera's baby shoes next to ours!)

Karen Stringham said...

I loved the side-by-side shoe photo op. The bunny jammies are TOO CUTE. Now, you just need some accessories--bows, matching mookies, bibs and burp cloths. I'll shop here, you shop there and when we go to the beach we'll shop together! Yeah!

Jamie said...

C U T E! 'it has begun' is the perfect phrase! now every time you run into target or even walmart something darling will catch your eye and you'll find yourself saying, oh, it's only $10 {or whatever it costs}...it is SO hard to resist cute baby girl things! sometimes i think we wouldn't be so poor if we would have had a boy, haha!

Gooch Family said...

So cute! Girls are so much fun to buy for and it's so hard to resist sometimes! I dont' think I ever make it out of target w/o getting Bella something. Just don't get carried away on buying little shoes since most the time they don't wear any until they walk. I had tons that people gave me and I think I put shoes on her once or twice until she started walking because they continually fall off their tiny feet.

Shannon said...

My favorite part is the little ducky feet. How adorable is that? Maybe they have matching mommy and me jammies? I would definitely look into that ;)

erika herman said...

Congrats! I voted boy, and I guess you and I are sharing the same intuition. I am excited for you.

Melissa and Bryan said...

How exciting to be having a little girl! It seems like everyone is having a girl! IT's fun to know so you can start planning a little more!

Tiffany said...

So cute! I know, it is so much fun to buy for her because there are so many cute things! Ryan and I didn't buy anything really for her either except some things like shoes and a couple of outfits... well, dresses mostly! There was one that we bought yesterday that I couldn't stand to pass up from the Gap! It was kinda expensive but I totally had to get it for her! She wore it to church today and looked so cute! I am so excited for you to have a little girl!