Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Hot Hot Heat

It is so hot in California right now (well at least in the Bay area). This isn't the good type of heat either. This is the "my pants are stuck to my legs when i get out of the car because its just that hot" type of heat. Normally this situation wouldn't be that bad. The trek to the car and back might be a little miserable, but no harm done. However, when you don't have air conditioning and its 6:30pm and you think you might just get heat stroke... then you have a problem. I could hurt everyone in California for not installing air conditioners in apartments because "the weather is so nice" for most of the year. These are the same people who invented the "pregnancy is only 9 months" farce. Its a conspiracy. Our little girl is going to come out all golden brown and crispy because the oven (aka me) got a little too hot. Poor baby.

I think i'll go stand by the open fridge and pretend that we have air conditioning...

4 comments:

Diana said...

I know, I am about to die over here. I asked a couple people in our ward who have houses if they have a/c and none of them do. Who are these home builders??? Do these people think we're living in Hawaii or something (You'd still need a/c there too I guess, but it'd be better!)

Ashby said...

Want to come visit us in Phoenix......in July?! Didn't think so. I bet it's beautiful in California though!

Shannon said...

I feel you on this one (minus the baby part)...we put our shirts in the freezer for fifteen minutes and then wear them around until they heat up again. It works like a charm.

The Coons Family said...

No pitty here... I live in HOT VEGAS! It doesn't even matter if you have A/C... you're still hot. Even sitting in a swimming pool, its still hot.

I will cut you a little slack because of the whole preggos thing, but that's about it.

Love you!