Monday, November 24, 2008

A Day for the History Books

Today is my half birthday, i know, you're excited. But that isn't the historical part of today. November 24th marks the day that i have gone 6 months without eating dessert.

I stopped eating dessert over the summer because of a diet that i was on. Unfortunately by the end of the summer i didn't reach my goal weight and i didn't want to start slamming on desserts (which are my biggest vice) and ruin my diet before i even reached the weight that i wanted to be. I've been maintaining my weight , which to be honest, i've never been capable of doing, and have now started to lose weight again. I didn't want to start eating desserts and do the whole roller-coaster thing, so now its kind of become a game. I've already gotten this far, why not keep going? My goal is to go a whole year without eating dessert. I've already got 6 months down, only 6 months to go.

Here are two of the things that are the hardest to go without:

8 comments:

Mema of 5 said...

You AREN'T going to be any fun at Christmas when we gather to watch FRIENDS and eat M&M's. But, you will be skinny. I'm proud of you!

Leandra said...

I can't believe you are doing that. I know I couldn't.

Well....

Nope. Couldn't do it. My mom is trying a new healthy way of living and Carter almost keeled over when he found out it could affect our thanksgiving feast.

Then my mom assured him we were going to have the regular feast :)

You are a strong woman. I'm proud of you for sticking to your guns.

Shannon said...

You rock, Kara. Going for the whole year, eh? So proud of you. You are an example to us all ;).

And do tell Aaron that we enjoyed his Thanksgiving list...

Talk soon.
Shan

Anonymous said...

Kara! You are amazing! Wow! Good for you! Maybe I should start that! How did you survive the cravings?

The Coons Family said...

Well considering I ate 4 cookies last night and one bag of swedish fish I know I couldn't do that.... however, I did go without french fries for 6 months while on weight watchers.... french fries are my number one.

Great job you skinny little thing!

Kelli said...

Since we share the same birthday, the 24th was my half birthday too! I remembered right before we went to bed and gave Neal a lecture because he forgot. Kudos on the dessert strike.

Diana said...

Kara, you're amazing. I still feel bad that every time you're over I am eating something that you can't. Hopefully I will get better, maybe I will need your help!

Kate said...

Okay...you rock! I did the whole no chocolate thing...that is no chocolate in ANYTHING for 4 years (but I don't like chocolate that much so it doesn't really count). I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT!!! You look amazing:) We miss you two!!!