Monday, November 24, 2008

Ten Things I'm Grateful For

(Written by Aaron)

10 things I am grateful for (not in any particular order):

1.) The time that I have been able to spend studying for the CPA exam thus far and consequently having passed the three sections I have taken.

2.) The 48.5 cents a mile I reimbursed when I drive to a client’s location. It gets me just enough money each week so I break even buying lunch out.

3.) My new car. Not because I particularly love my new car but it means that I don’t have to worry about my old car breaking down all the time. May you Burn in Purgatory you giant piece of Passat crap.

4.) Our Apartment’s Parking Stall #16. It’s the best 15 bucks I spend each month. I get a second spot so I don’t have to circle the block finding a spot and worrying about my car being on the street.

5.) Our sound machine. There is nothing better at the end of a long day to lie down in bed and get lulled to sleep by the sound of a light river flowing by.

6.) 25 cent sodas at the office. Up until about three weeks ago I was able to get a can of soda at the Deloitte office for a quarter. However, three weeks ago they raised the price on soda and used our office food subsidization to reduce the price of “healthy foods” in the vending machines instead.

7.) My wife making dinner every night. I love to come home to a home cooked meal and just relax with the Mrs.

8.) The Dallas area sports teams. I will always have a deep profound man love for the Dallas Mavericks and the Dallas Cowboys. Without Dirk, Romo, and the other guys my life would be incomplete. Que the Back Street Boys song.

9.) The brown jacket I bought from Banana Republic like two weeks ago. I have always wanted a brown three quarter length jacket and I finally got one. I wear it pretty much every day.

10.) Friday Night Date Night at Costco. The title explains it all.

Disclaimer: What about my wife, my family, and the gospel? All three of those would supersede any thing on this list. They are the three most important things in my life without exception. Without those three things my life would be without meaning.

No comments: