Monday, January 28, 2008

"We Thank Thee Oh God for a Prophet..."

I'm grateful to have lived during the time when Gordon B. Hinckley was the prophet of the church. He was so wonderful. I always thought that i would bawl my eyes out when i found out that he had passed away, but i'm surprised by the fact that i'm not so much sad that he is gone but overjoyed that he is now with his wife and back in the presence of the Lord.

I love how he is known as the temple prophet, bringing the numbers of the temples from 40 to 121, and that he always showed that he had a sense of humor. Do you remember when he first had a cane he said that he got one to be like the other prophets before him. haha. And when he bopped Henry B. Eyring on the head with his cane... good times. I'm so grateful for his unwavering leadership and his humble demeanor.

Farewell President Hinckley, thank you for everything.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I second that. :)

Ashby said...

I bawled my eyes out for selfish reasons. Ryan asked why I was sad, and I said, "I'm sad for me because I'm going to miss him, but I'm happy for his wife!"

He was amazing!

Tiffany said...

Mixed emotions is very right! We will all miss our great prophet! I was starting to wonder if he was going to live forever!

We were going to come to the temple on Friday but I was feeling sick, so we went on Saturday afternoon instead... but hopefully next month we will get to see you!