Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Hiatus

I apparently took a hiatus from the blogging world, but i'm not even sure why... My deepest apologies. Its been about two weeks and a lot has happened so i'm going to make up for my lack of blogging with one MASSIVE blog about what has been going on.

Aaron and I got called to be temple workers! We had our first day on Friday the 18th. Its all very overwhelming and sometimes intimidating, but we're both really excited to be there. We work every Friday from 3:30pm to 8:30pm, so you should go to the temple then.. haha. We have learned that Friday is date night so there are tons of young couples that come and January is really busy because people make new years resolutions to attend more, yet by march it should calm down. Don't you love new years resolutions?
While Aaron and I have been suffering in the bitter cold... and the snow which doesn't seem to ever STOP, some members of my family spent a week in Hawaii for a dental conference. Needless to say i was jealous. Here are s few picture from their trip. Stacey with the babes.My parents at a luau.Cute little Carly at the pool. Don't you just love her tankini?Aaron had had enough with his longer hair, so he decided to buzz it off. BUT you can't buzz someones hair without having a little fun first.
My friend Chelsea recommended the book P.S. I love you, so i took her up on that recommendation. I loved it! It was different than what i expected, but still amazing and very well written. I spent the less busy days of the first week of school reading it. If you want to borrow it just let me know. I'm excited to see the movie!I don't have a picture for this last thing, but i wasn't quite sure i could put a picture with it. Sunday night Aaron and i were messing around and looking at what is required for other majors, and we were wondering if we went back in time if we could do certain majors. We came across the Home, and Family, Living major and i said to Aaron that i had taken a bunch of the classes listed just on my own. We searched through BYU website to see what it would take to minor in HFL (the actually call the minor Family Life). It turns out that i have pretty much already fulfilled all the requirements and i'm already signed up for the last two classes that i need. so yesterday i went in and declared Family Life as my minor! How random is that? Everything just seemed to fall into place.

That is pretty much what life has been like for the past couple of days! And i promise that i won't take anymore blog hiatuses!

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

I LOVE Home and Family Living! I am so happy for you! Awesome! What is your major?

Ashby said...

You go girl! Now.....you want to do a Master's with me?

Unknown said...

Shweet! Now we really ARE twins. I'm still so excited to see you now on Fridays. Hope your quizzes in HFL start going better, I have one tomorrow but haven't started the reading yet...yikes. I had a meeting with her yesterday in her office, did you guys have to do that too? You're right, she DOES make you feel all good about every comment. I never comment in class, but everything I said in her office was just "beautiful" haha. P.S. nice buzzing skills.

Unknown said...

I can never quite remember everything I was going to say...My sister and her husband were in Hawaii last week too! I was so jealous and actually had a dream I was there as well. I'll have to read your book this summer, the movie looks good I wonder if they're very similar.

Chelsea said...

Wow, you and Aaron must really be getting old. Temple workers. My Grandma is a temple worker. Good times. Maybe Burke and I will go to the temple on Friday and search you out.

Paige said...

Kara! thanks for the book recommendation! I always love those. Well, your Christmas card got returned! I sent it to Belvedere Dr. Was that wrong?
I'll still send it if you email me your address. Sorry about this!
Glad to see you're doing so well!
Paige
P.S. that is so cool that you guys are temple workers!!!