Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Visitors

Shortly after Christian was born the Partridges came to visit. Grace loved having a friend to run around with and maybe Noah donned a Dora backpack so they could be matchy matchy.
We dined on Totino's pizzas, a seriously throw back to our college days. We all felt sick afterwards and realized, once again, that we're not as young as we used to be. (as if being married, and 2 children each wasn't evidence enough).
This picture makes me laugh so I had to toss it in (sorry Tayci!).
The Partridge's have already headed back to Utah for James to finish up law school and we are so sad to see them go.
The next week, while my Momma was still in town, my sister Stacey and her kids came for a visit. Stacey used to live up here and we spent lots of time hanging out together before she moved. I'm pretty sure Grace considers Carly and Taylor to be her siblings. She soaked up every minute with them that she could.
Taylor has been the only boy cousin (on my family's side) for the past 6 years. He is surround by older and younger girls. We got a picture of the two boys cousins together for the first time.
Carly, the baby whisperer, and Christian.
Did I mention that Grace was in heaven? Stacey and co. even took Grace all day long on a field trip to see some family in Fort Worth. I'm pretty sure Grace was ready to jump-ship and join their family permanently.
Mema, or Meah as Grace calls her, and her Texas Grandkids (minus Christian).
When we told Grace that Stacey, Carly, and Taylor were coming to visit, she immediately informed us "Stacey is my best." Meaning, Stacey is her best friend. I'm not sure when, but Stacey and Grace formed a serious bond. Grace absolutely loves her and for the first time I was able to get visual proof.
This was the only picture that I wasn't rocking a double chin. Yes, I'm that vain. No, I don't normally try to make love to the camera with my eyes. Stacey and my Mom look great though.
We were so sad to see them go, but thank our lucky stars that they are just a drive away. We can't wait to see them again (soon!).

1 comment:

Diana said...

I love that you posted the one with your creeper eyes and hand on your mom's shoulder. Who am I kidding, I would have done the same thing.