Wednesday, April 25, 2012

March of Dimes

This year Aaron was able to participate in some fundraising through his work for the March of Dimes. On Saturday we set our alarms, packed snacks, and headed downtown to join the walk. We seriously underestimated the amount of people that would be participating and ended up having to park about a mile away and walk to the starting line. A little pre-walk, walk, if you will. But the weather was gorgeous and the company was good. It was amazing to see all of the people who had joined together for a good cause. 

After about 4 Braxton Hicks contractions Aaron and I decided to head back at the "Tiny Tot Turnaround" instead of braving the whole 5 mile walk. I didn't want to go into Pre-term labor at a walk for babies who are born super early. We still got a good 2 miles in though. Right when we turned around we saw some friends of ours and kicked ourselves for not planning better and walking together.
My one requirement for the day was to take a picture together as a family. Yes, I am rocking some EY gear, and yes the girl who took our picture cut Grace's chin off. But, we got the picture and that is all that matters, right?
It was a pretty fabulous way to spend a Saturday morning, and we're so grateful for all that the March of Dimes does for babies who are born prematurely.

5 comments:

Ashby said...

I'm still laughing at the "didn't want to go into pre-term labor during an event for babies born super early" line. Not that it's funny, just that it would have been ironic.

And PS, you look so cute with your little basketball tummy!

Mema of 5 said...

All I could think of when I read the title of this post was how our answering machine tells us that the March of Dimes is calling--do you remember? It says "March of
Dime-us; March of Dime-us". I'm glad you had a fun outing on behalf of the March of Dime-us!

Poppa Wheelie said...

And you're still not as fat as I was before my diet. But, you've got a good reason and you're a whole lot cuter. Touché' Ashby, the preterm labor comment got me laughing too!

Rebecca Lowe said...

oh behalf of my preemie and myself, thank you for participating! :)

Debsie Doodle said...

Your preterm labor comment had us laughing too!
You look great (even though you're not sporting a Deloitte shirt).
:) Debra