Friday, April 27, 2012

Good Form

My wonderful friend Caryn lent me a bunch of Prenatal workout DVDs, my favorite in particular being 10 Minute Solutions Prenatal Pilates. Although in my ideal world I would be doing this DVD daily, I'm normally hover around doing it 1-3 times a week.

The main reason being that if I don't get it done before Grace wakes up, it doesn't get done. Do I dare mention that this 36 weeks pregnant instructor with her toned pregnant body kicks my trash to the curb every single time, and I may or may not have to take to my bed afterwards....
I have attempted to power through a workout video while Grace is awake, especially if I have already set my alarm, gotten up, and started the workout. I think if I get toys out, or a DVD playing on my computer, that she will be content doing her own thing.
Unfortunately, I have learned the hard way, that trying to work out while Grace is awake is like trying to have a conversation on the phone while Grace is awake. She knows I'm not paying attention to her and, in that moment, my attention is the only thing she wants. I'm pretty sure a work-out is insufficient when you have to pause it every two minutes to get a band-aid, get a snack, stick a toddler in time out, or remove said toddler from your back. So I bag the endeavor altogether. On one morning attempt of mine Grace woke up and felt like this day she would give the old work-out a try.
I have to admit, sister has got some skills. She probably also has enough energy to do the whole DVD without feeling like she is going to die a slow and painful pilates-related death at the end like me.
But pilates is never as fun as Dora or toys or a trip to the pool so she lost interest. Aaron and I did get a kick out of watching her attempt some of the moves though.

Perhaps my pregnant buns and thighs won't be as toned as they promised on the DVD, but there is always next time, right?

2 comments:

Rachel N said...

OH the cuteness!!! Love this.

Debsie Doodle said...

That's one of my favorite prenatal exercise DVDs too. How fun that Grace tries to follow along too!
:) Debra