Thursday, February 10, 2011

Sometimes

Sometimes life isn't sunshine and unicorns. Sometimes its clouds and Eeyores.

Sometimes Aaron, Grace and I get sick, a lot.

Sometimes I hate that Aaron has to work until 10-11pm everyday
And sometimes I wish busy season didn't exist.

Sometimes Grace and I butt heads.
And sometimes I honestly have no idea what I'm doing as a Mom.

Sometimes I need a close friend and a sister to talk sense into me.
And sometimes getting a little perspective can completely turn things around.

And then sometimes when I finally realize that the above things just don't matter, clouds and Eeyores can turn back into sunshine and unicorns.


Because if life was always easy, we wouldn't learn anything. Right?

At least thats what my new motto is.

Here's to hoping the rest of February is full of perspective and getting through the random crap that brings clouds and Eeyores to my front door.

8 comments:

Diana said...

My favorite picture (after the one of you and Aaron of course) is the one of you doing peace signs with Grace. She is seriously beautiful and I can't believe how big she's getting. Here's to more Sunshine and Unicorns...or at least appreciating them when they come around! Love you and get better to all of you.

Rebecca said...

*hug* I hope there are more unicorns in your near future!

Kid's Kitchen said...

AMEN SISTA!!! I can honestly say...I HATE BUSY SEASON! There is being a mom (which is hard in and of itself) and then there is being a wife of a man who works CRAZY INSANE HOURS! AHHHH....I was just about to post my thoughts on this subject as well. Wish we lived closer! Hang in there...I'm thinking of you!

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

I don't know if Gracie would sit through it, but it's worth a try:

Put all your sicky beds together, pop some popcorn, put straws in your drinks for fun, and watch UP. Or any Disney Pixar movie-- they're all good. I did that with Anna on a rough day and it turned things right around... for a while anyway!

I'm sorry. :(

Mema of 5 said...

What? Matt's been visiting?

Grace said...

XOXO.

Rachel said...

You are the cutest person ever. I'm glad that you can still see the sunshine and unicorns amidst a world that is often filled with clouds and Eeyores. I'll ponder on that this week throughout the "random crap" I've been focusing too much on!

Anonymous said...

Hello-

I was wondering if you accept guest posts? I have an event that I would like to tell you about, that incorporates dancing and how it relates to fitness and staying healthy. Primrose Schools is hosting a Dance Off competition (with proceeds going the Children's Miracle Network Hospitals) for families and I think it is something you and your readers would enjoy!

I look forward to hearing from you!

Thank you,
Emily Patterson
epatterson@primroseschools.com