Monday, February 14, 2011

In Honor of Love Day

Aaron and I had a long chat last night. I asked him if he remembered anything about the beginning of our relationship. I told him I could only remember the bookend events and the stuff in-between seems to have slipped through the cracks of my memory. He remembered things that I had completely forgotten.

Today as people shared their stories of love, it got me thinking, yet again, about the beginning of our relationship. I'm kicking myself that I didn't keep a journal during that time, but I realized that I still had all the emails that I had written during that time.

I came across an email that I wrote to my Mom on March 24th, 2005. If you read The Story of Us, this was three days after Aaron picked me up at the Cannon Center after he got home from his mission. Toward the end of the email, I said:

"It's weird to say that I have only been with Aaron for 3 days, a lot of people are skeptical, but remarkable things are happening in my life. I don't know what the future holds, or if Aaron is even in mine, but as for now I'm amazingly happy."

I was happy then, and I'm definitely happy now. 6 years, 3 states, and 1 kid later.

For your viewing pleasure I dug up some engagement photos. These were taken 1 year after I wrote that statement to my Mom. The one thing I told our photographer was that I wanted the pictures to be taken outside. The following pictures were basically all we got. And no, none of the poses were our idea.


Okay, maybe this pose was our idea...

Seriously?!
Needless to say, I chose the one picture that was actually taken outside for our wedding announcement.

Happy Valentines Day Babe.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think the photographer must have had a thing for Aaron's cheeks. Those are great! Happy love day!

Shannon said...

I really don't see anything wrong with face holding in engagement pictures...I mean...look how cute that is???
Hope you had a flirtatious/romantic/lovely v-day!

Chelsea said...

i wish you would have chosen either of the ones where you are touching his face.... i mean, if that doesn't illustrate love, i don't know what does.