Monday, February 28, 2011

The Ebb and Flow of It

February tends to be a busy month with Valentine's Day and Aaron's Birthday. 

And while we love any excuse to celebrate, open gifts, have a date night, and go with the flow as life pushes us forward, it's always nice to get back to the ebb.

Although grocery shopping on Mondays,  laundry day Tuesdays, and daily trips to the park are nothing to write home about, they are what make life what it is. And sometimes the down time can be just as fun and canteen filling as wild activity packed weekends.

It has been this down time which has showed me that Grace is a lot more clever than I give her credit for. She figured out how to get to the figurines on the bookshelf by flipping her bucket upside-down and balancing on it.

She was pretty proud of herself, and to be honest, I was pretty impressed with her skills.

You can only let your baby get away with so many things until they do something like this.

After an afternoon with a friend and her small baby, Grace was reminded no less than 400 times "Gracie, we don't touch the baby, we just look." After baby Max left and the seat remained, I let her play pretend with a stuffed animal that she could touch all she wanted.

And she proceeded to point out his tongue and sticking out her own. I had no idea she knew that, and wouldn't have believed my eyes had I not snapped a picture at the very same moment.

Now we're heading into March. In like a lion, out like a lamb. Or is it the other way around?

7 comments:

Tiffany said...

She is too cute! I can't believe she climbs all over everything! It's so cute.

The Chappells said...

she is so old it is BLOWING my mind. She is too cute! I love that you take pictures at the exact moment. I NEVER do that. AdOrAbLe!!!

Lindsey Walker said...

What a fun play date we had!! Glad she got to poke her dolls after Max left :)

Unknown said...

I LOVE that picture of tiny Grace standing on the bucket rearranging the Chinese soldiers! She looks so miniature. :)

Jessica said...

I love reading you're blog. You always capture the cutest pictures! I hope you're surviving busy season. We can do it! Its almost over!! :)

Diana said...

I feel like an old person saying this, but oh well...remember when Gracie used to sit in that seat and Ella would try and poke her eyes out? I can't believe she's getting so big and seriously so cute. For some reason she's still 10 months to me.

Unknown said...

I love the climbing pictures of Grace they crack me up!

Happy Birthday Aaron. Too bad he is an accountant- this is the worst time of year to have a birthday. Waaah busy season is the worst!!!

I wish we lived closer too. It'd be fun to have our kids grow up together.