Monday, May 17, 2010

The Pool Is Open

Last weekend it felt like summer had officially begun

We grilled some burgers, ate outside, and dusted off our swim suits.

We put Grace in her first little swim suit and prepped ourselves for the "first reaction" shot of her entering the pool.

We got nothing. No cry. No jump. Nothing.
I guess I shouldn't have expected anything considering the fact that the pool was heated making it a very large bath tub rather than a pool. But I guess I should be grateful that she is comfortable in water.
In true Grace fashion she immediately attempted an escape to the deeper end of the pool, so a necessary road block was made.
It was a little bright, can you tell?
Grace is now ready for the family beach trip in June.
Bring on the ocean and the never ending consumption of sand.

I love the beginnings of Summer. I hope we have many more pool filled weekends in our future.

11 comments:

Kristina said...

She is so cute!!

The Harrisons said...

Ugh, there is no way the pools would be open here. It's cold and it rained yesterday and it's still raining today. Man, I miss the bay area! Enjoy the nice weather and the pool for me.

Jamie said...

fun! we are ready for summer here in texas too!

Stephanie said...

She is going to love the beach!

Kinzie Sue said...

I wish our pools were heated. Instead our are still cold which entices high pitched shreaks from our little boy... I dunk him a few extra times just to hear the funny sound. Hopefully he adjusts as the water gets warmer! Gracie looks like a swimming pro and will be the star of the beach!!

The Gilberts said...

If you ever want company at the pool... give us a call! We will be looking for pool-mooching opportunities when it gets hot! lol

Mema of 5 said...

You have a pool? Where was it last summer?

Kurt and Ash said...

I love your swim suit, where is it from?

Ashby said...

Yay! I love babies in the pool. I can't wait to see Gracie at the beach next month!

Kara said...

Mom- we don't have a pool. I'm not terribly sure where they would put one if we had it. :) We were at a friends pool. They live in a legit apartment complex with all the extras.

Ashleigh- The swim suit is from Shade. I got it about two years ago. The best part is the super snugness of it. It sucks in the muffin top like a pro!

McKenzie said...

Oh my gosh--CAN'T WAIT until the pool opens on Saturday! Still have to find Adi a swimsuit... although I ALMOST bought the one Gracie is wearing! Soooo darling! Oh my gosh! Can I ask what size it is? Does it fit her? Target only has like 6 months and bigger, but Adi's only 3 months...