Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Golden Birthday

This year I celebrated my Golden Birthday
If you don't know what that is, it means the year that you turn and the day of your birthday is the same.

I celebrated my 24th birthday on the 24th

I felt really cool

We had a little get together the weekend before my birthday. Pretty low key: costco pizza (which seems to be a celebration staple in our family), diet coke, chocolate cake, and games.

I love playing games.

Our friends the Sagers introduced me to a new game. You put on sound canceling headphones and you sing along with a song and everyone has to try to guess which song you are singing.

We were able to go up as couples. It inspired impromptu sing alongs, and really stellar dance moves
and it was absolutely hilarious. I loved it.
Blowing out the imaginary candles
The group
The necessary funny face picture
Monday was my actual birthday.
24 on the 24th... woot!

I went to work, then out to lunch (Togos of course) with some girlfriends. My favorite thing on the menu just happened to be a #24: Turkey and Avocado.
Cue twilight zone music.

Aaron was able to get off work early so we could head out to dinner
(which was a gift in and of itself)

When we got the bill I thought it was amazing that it came out to $24 even.
Continue with twilight zone music...
Instead of cake I wanted homemade chocolate chip cookies. My friend Mel was awesome and made me a batch. Then we had the gift opening.
The night was topped off with the Bachelorette premiere. Aaron even watched it with me, what a good husband
It was an incredible birthday. Thank you to everyone who made it so special, I am one lucky girl.

I have also been informed that being 24 gives me special Jack Bauer powers. I'm pretty excited to use my new found powers and now I have the sudden urge to protect the president.

8 comments:

Angela and Mike said...

Happy birthday! WOW, that's a lot of 24...and even the bill...crazy! I'm glad you got to watch the Bachelorette, I just may have been watching it too (shhh...keep it a secret).

Mema of 5 said...

Where was Miss Grace in all this celebrating?

Ashby said...

24 is my favorite number, it was my favorite age, and it will forever be the age that I THINK I am (despite the wrinkles and grey hairs that seem to sprout daily). So jealous you are 24 right now! Happy Birthday!

Shannon said...

Okay, that is just plain eery about the Red Robin total. Eery in a really cool kind of way, of course. That party was SO fun! So glad you turned 24 so you could be even more awesome with your Jack Bower power, and so that we could help you celebrate:).
Oh, p.s. I'm sending you the fried ice cream recipe right after I'm finished with this comment.

Shannon said...

Alright, I'm slightly embarrassed that I spelled Jack's last name incorrectly. Bower went better with power, though..just sayin'. My apologies to Mr. Bauer. Or however he spells it.

Kinzie Sue said...

Glad you had a great birthday! 24 is a great age and you look good in it! Here is to another wonderful year for you!

erika herman said...

You are funny. And GORGEOUS!!

The Coons Family said...

I laughed throughout this entire post. I am so glad you had a happy happy birthday.

I am glad you have cool Jack Bauer powers.... but please don't protect the president... I dont care for him too much.