Thursday, May 27, 2010

Model Behavior

A few months back my friend (who was in cosmetology school) asked me to be her hair model for a photo shoot. I went into the school, got my hair done, make up done, and Grace was doted on by some of the other students. Spa day and babysitting? Best day ever.

Didn't she do an amazing job?

I wish that I could say I'm super awesome at modeling and that it totally comes natural to pose in front of a photographer. This is definitely not the case for me. I was so nervous that I was laughing the entire time. I kept asking the guy what I should do or how I should pose, and he kept telling me to do things like this:
It was awkward. Melanie and I got a good laugh out of it.

Mel is incredibly talented. Did you know she was offered a job before she even graduated? She is amazing. Anyway, I'm just glad that I was able to help her out (and I'm really glad that she is the person who cuts my hair).

12 comments:

Kristina said...

I need her to come and cut my hair! And your hair looks great and so do your modeling pictures! Impressive. What a fun day...esp with the free hair cut babysitting.

Anonymous said...

The second one is especially beautiful of you!

Rachel said...

Ok, first of all, you look GORGEOUS and you look like a natural! I would totally feel majorly awkward doing model poses, too. Good thing they normally come out looking incredible!

Rebecca Lowe said...

you are gorgeous. that hair is tempting me to chop mine! so shiny. by the way, i totally know what "model behavior" is from -- classic!

The Harrisons said...

You look absolutely gorgeous!! Not that you don't always look pretty :) You look like you belong in a Pantene commercial or something. Sounds like fun. I miss you and Grace!

The Coons Family said...

Your hair looks AMAZING! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I wish I lived in San Jose so I could have someone who cute hair well... sigh.

You are beautiful!

Diana said...

I love these pictures, seriously. And that last one just makes me happy...and yes, Melanie did a great job, I really like your hair!

The Gilberts said...

wow! Model Kara, you look awesome. You should frame that middle one for Aaron-- serious!

Unknown said...

daaaaang... vedy vedy niiiice.
thanks for posting the pics! these are the first i've seen of melanie's work.
i think i'd have an impossible time modeling. but you did great!

Jamie said...

umm...seriously?! you look amazing kara! i wish i had your hair! sounds like a fun day for you!

The Mostess said...

Great pics, and nice shiny hair. I would totally use that modeling shot, and pass it off as something I took with my camera...cause I'm just that hot.

Jenna Morrison Clark said...

you are hot. period.