Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

Yesterday I celebrated my very first mother's day.

Aaron took care of everything. It provided me a lot of time to think and reflect. For some strange reason I felt like I had become part of an elite group. A group of women that knew that they would have to sacrifice everything: their body shape and health, their comfort and efficiency, their brain power and time, their date nights and sunday afternoon naps, in order to have a little piece of heaven.

Mother's come in every shape and size and what makes a mother a mother doesn't hinge on birthing a child, but hinges on the sacrifices that one makes.

Whether its the time and effort that you put into trying to conceive when the cards seemed stacked against you.

Or the determination you have and the stress you endure as you battle the legal system in order to make that precious spirit truly yours.

Or the effort you make to show those children who need it the most that you love them and care for them even when their parents seem to have given up.

Or the nine months of scarfing down wheat thins and the 12 hours of labor to bring a little life into this world.

A sacrifice is made. All for sweet children and
all for Motherhood.

I felt so honored to be a part of this group. Honored to be standing with women so willing to set themselves aside for something greater. Like my mother and sisters, mother-in-law and sisters-in-law, friends and neighbors.

It was all very humbling

To the woman who made incredible sacrifices on my behalf, Thanks Momma.

To the little one that I made a sacrifice for, I want to tell her it was/is well worth it.

What an awesome holiday.

1 comment:

Mema of 5 said...

Ah, thanks for the shout out. You were well worth any sacrifices I may have made. Where did you dig up THAT picture? First of all, my hair looks jet black and second, what is with the BANGS???? Can you say "Utah claw"?