Monday, October 12, 2009

Weekend Away

On Thursday i left for Virginia to have a jam packed weekend.

We celebrated Stacey and Ashby's birthdays.
Grace met her Great Grandparents Papa and Granny
She met her cousins Brooklyn and Emma (who came in town also from Arizona)
Grace with Granny
Meeting Taylor
And Carly
Our high school was having its 50th year celebration and invited all the past homecoming queens to participate in some of the festivities. Skyeler, me, and Stacey in the parade.
Stacey, Laura, and I after the parade
On Saturday my friend Berta threw me and Gracie a baby shower. It was fabulous. Thanks again Berta!
Bonding with Stacey
A smile!
Saturday afternoon all of the returning queens walked the track to help announce the new queen. Check out the ridiculous corsage things we had to wear.

More Grace, of course.
With our Dad
All five Grandkids together for the first time!My sister Ashby took a bunch of pictures for me. She is AMAZING with her camera.





It was a short but wonderful weekend. Grace and I are heading home today where we're going to take it easy for a while and make up for time spent away from Aaron.

8 comments:

The Harrisons said...

Looks like a really fun weekend! I'm glad Gracie got to see everyone and I hope she did well on the flights for you.

Angela and Mike said...

How fun! Wow, a homecoming queen? You're a pretty big deal! :) How fun that you got to participate in fun festivities with your sister.

Little Grace looks so cute. Ashby did a great job with the pictures. I bet you'll be happy to see Aaron.

Momma Nielson said...

What a fun weekend! Gracie is adorable and homecoming was a blast! It was great to see you:)

Rachel said...

Wow, those pics are stinking cute! And sheesh, I didn't know you were homecoming queen? Now I feel even cooler that you let me sit by you in parenting class! Yessss...I miss making snide comments about Captain Know-it-All. Good times..

Kinzie Sue said...

Where did you grow up, because in Texas those CRAZY mum corsages are a BIG deal- literally! I love the pictures your sis took- they're beautiful! Glad you had a great weekend!

Diana said...

I love that you got to be in a parade for your old High School...that's awesome! Seriously! And Gracie basically gets cuter every time I see her.
I am assuming the flights went well since you didn't mention them, at least I hope they went well!

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

Is that Megan Ginley in the blue dress? I didn't know she was a homecoming queen, too. That's so fun. Rt. 123 again! Was it good to go back? You sure look gorgeous and Gracie is a doll. I love her little sweater and her headbands are perfect. Ashby really is good with the camera-- I love those! Good post.

Kristina said...

Those pictures are beautiful of you. The weekend sounded like a lot of fun... hope Gracie cooperate on the flight... otherwise that can be a long trip! We're glad you're back!