Monday, March 23, 2009

The Great, The Cute, and the Pregnancy

The Great:

First: Guess what Aaron and i found in San Jose (or Santa Clara to be exact), PUPUSAS! Jillian, the Jamie's, and the rest of the summer semester freshmen crew would be so proud. The best part is that they are just as good as the ones from the El Salvadorian restaurant in Provo. Aaron and I are hooked. I knew the super diversity-ness of San Jose would pay off!

Second: i am officially one of those people. I bought Twilight the day it came out on DVD and i have already watched it. So my nerd status has skyrocketed through the roof, but i'm loving the fact that whenever i want a little Edward in my life i can just turn on my TV. The Cute:

I have never posted a picture of Blake, the little boy i nanny for, so i thought it was about time you got to see just how cute he is. Blake is 8 months today, honestly i have no idea where the time goes. He is one big chunk of love and the mellowest baby you'll ever come across. He is awesome. Happy 8 months Blakey.
The Pregnancy:

The first trimester for me was really interesting because you never really feel pregnant (hunger and exhaustion aside). It was always weird for me to think of myself as being pregnant. I knew i was, i just didn't feel like i was. I would look at the sonogram pictures which would provide moments of reality checks but they left about as soon as they came. Last week i was 16 weeks (or my 4th month) and pregnancy as a reality is screaming at me.

Number 1: My jeans no longer fit me. I can get my pants to button (barely) but as soon as i sit down everything gets painfully squashed and i have to unbutton before my eyes bust out of their sockets. Not to mention the fact that my butt/thighs have expanded as well giving my jeans a beautiful "sprayed on" look. I guess let the awkward in-between regular pants and maternity pants phase begin.

Number 2: When i sleep i feel like the princess and the pea. I'm a stomach sleeper and so far it hasn't posed a problem. About a week or two ago i woke up on my stomach and felt like i was laying on a ball. It took me a moment, in my sleep induced stupor, to realize that there was no ball but that it was just my little belly that i was squishing. I took that as a sign to buy a body pillow and start training myself to sleep on my side. Sorry baby!Number 3: Round Ligament pain. There is no picture of this because the only ones i could find involved a detailed drawing of a uterus so i figured this segment could be picture-less. Round ligament pain sucks. It is the ligaments that hold your uterus in place stretching and expanding because things in that area are growing. I'm not sure how long its supposed to last or what evil minion came up with this idea, but i'm looking forward to the day that it goes away. Please tell me it goes away!

Those things all seem like downers, and although sometimes they are really annoying, it reminds me that there really is a baby in there which is the weirdest and coolest thing i've ever experienced. i wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.

9 comments:

Alicia said...

I had round ligament pain too...although mine wasn't that early. Eventually though, all of my stomach muscles gave up (as did the pain) and now I have a permanent "hernia" in my stomach muscle wall...lol, the joys of being pregnant.

Shannon said...

Kara,
You crack me up. I'm totally a stomach sleeper, too, and that was the thing I wanted back the most after I had Reagan. Believe it or not, you will be able to do it again. (once EVERYTHING else shrinks a bit)
P.S. Adam from Idol should hide his head in shame for that Ring of Fire bit.

Kinzie Sue said...

All I can say is ditto to #1 and #2 though I did get round ligament pain with Kiera, sometimes it would be so sharp I'd almost fall over (while shopping at Smiths...) But all of these are mere signs of something great growing inside of us- what a miracle!!

Rebecca Lowe said...

i love that we are in this together! i feel so validated when i read that you, too, are experiencing "princess and the pea" syndrome, round ligament pain (ouch! please stop...hold your breath, count to 10...), and awkward in-between jeans phase where not only your stomach grows, but your butt and thighs expand, too! i still, however, envy your lack of morning sickness. i've still got it all day, everyday. blah.

Jamie said...

so...i'm not sure what that is in the first picture exactly, but it looks way yummy! and i have not bought twilight yet...i am kind of waiting for my 13 year old sister to get it for her birthday this weekend...yes, i am that cheap! yay for you for being able to see edward whenever you want! oh, and that little boy is darling! do you watch him everyday? i remember when the jeans start getting tight...not really a fun stage! hang in there! : )

The Coons Family said...

PAPUSAS!!! For our TABE to yours? ( I think that is what it is called) Anyway, talk about YUMMO!!!! Blakey is so cute, and I am sorry I cannot sympathize with you on the pregnancy things... but someday you will get to coach ME through it!!!

Ashby said...

I've never eaten at papusa's, but those look really yummy! I totally want some now. And I hear you on the body pillow. The only downside, is body pillows are like crack. Once you start sleeping with it, you can never go back. Even Ryan still sleeps with his (he bought himself one when he got one for me). We look like quite the pair at night.

PS - thanks for bumping down that other post!

Tiffany said...

Round ligament pain... hate that! Seriously, I get it every night all the time! Every time I roll over from one side to the other. Not fun! And don't worry... starting at like month 8, you will wake up with pains in your sides because you have been sleeping on them for so long! It is NO FUN! But yet we do it by choice! Haha.

Anonymous said...

I had round ligament pain all through my pregnancy. It wasn't fun.