Monday, March 10, 2008

Papusa Love

At 4:00pm on Saturday, a group of us who were friends summer semester Freshmen year got together at one of the best places on earth. I have no idea what the name of the restaurant is but it's an El Salvadorian restaurant that serves Papusas. We had a debate about how to describe what a papusa is and the closest we could get is a flour pancake filled with meat, cheese and beans. THEY ARE DELICIOUS!!! Anyway, it was a reunion of sorts and some of us hadn't seen each other in 3 years so it was really nice to catch up and see where everyone is in life right now. Not to mention partake in fantastic papusas and, for some, drink Fresas!I was really excited to see my friend Jamie, who i haven't seen since freshmen year. Since then we have both gotten married and Jamie had a beautiful little girl. I got the chance to meet her husband Rod, who is really nice and really funny, and her baby Lucy, who is ADORABLE.
Look at that Face!! I couldn't get enough. I loved holding her, despite the fact that i woke up this morning with a sore arm (can you tell i haven't been to the gym in a while?).
Later that day Aaron and i drove up to Salt Lake to hang out with our friends the Wrights. Aaron knew Brandon from his accounting classes and i met Alex when our husbands were going through the recruiting process. We enjoyed a fabulous meal made by Alex then played European Ticket to Ride. Not to mention that we got to see and play with Ava who seems SO big from the last time we saw her.
AVA! She's so cute. When you walk by her and she wants to be picked up she sticks her arms straight and shakes her legs. Love it.
Thanks to Jamie and Justin for setting up Papusa Love and to Alex and Brandon for having us over. You all are awesome!!

5 comments:

Ashby said...

Looks like fun get togethers! I remember you used to talk about Papusas all the time. And I never had a chance to go. Boo.

BTW, I love your earrings and your shirt. Where did you get them?

Jamie Smith said...

Hey! My family is famous!! Thanks for making sure these pictures were taken, even though it stopped everyone in the restaurant from even BREATHING! It was good to see you and the gang. Lucy and I have our days pretty open, so let me know when you want to get together. And that little Ava is so so cute! I want to squeeze her little cheeks!

Tiffany said...

You know Jamie? Jamie is in my ward right now! Crazy! Her baby is such a cutie! How funny that we have such a small mormon world! I love it!

The Coons Family said...

I have that shirt in black!! I wish I could've gone to Papusa night... perhaps when I come up for Graduation??

Paige said...

I know Rod from EFY back in High School!!! This is Trey Clark and this is crazy!!! Love you guys!