Monday, December 10, 2007

The... The.... The.... THE GRINCH!

So......... I think i might be the Grinch, this is a difficult confession for me since i love the Christmas holiday, but lately i have been Miss Crank-fest 2007 (there was a pageant, sorry you missed it). Also, Leandra, i might need to borrow that green pantsuit you have. Remember when Chris called you "The Grinch" sophomore year. It's a pantsuit, its not like your face was green!! hahaha oh well. Anyways, i have my reasons for being cranky which are two-fold..

Reason #1: It is snowing. Don't get me wrong, i love to watch the snow falling, and i like it even better when it cancels school. I might be in college, but it's still exciting. However, with snow comes COLD weather, did you hear me COOOLLLLDDDDDDDDD. So far we haven't had to walk to class in the snow, but it snowed over the weekend and walking to class today i'm pretty sure my ears and arms almost fell off of my body. It's like i want to live in my bathtub for the rest of the season.... I will admit though, i like the whole "everyone snuggle inside and drink hot chocolate because its snowing," aspect of the snow.

Reason #2: I haven't eaten dessert since Thanksgiving. My goal is to get all the way to Christmas day without having eaten dessert. That means no cookies, no candies, no gingerbread men, no chocolate cakes, no Smart Cookie , and no candy canes. For some people this might not seem like a big deal... however, for me, dessert is the best meal of the day. It's my biggest weakness. So after stuffing myself with delicious desserts at Thanksgiving, i figured i would take a break and try to avoid the holiday poundage. I am enjoying the fact that my pants still fit, and are actually getting a little looser (WOOOHOOOOO), however, it comes with a price. Christmas season is practically the dessert season, with candies only made for the holiday, m&m's that are colored green and red (trust me they taste better that way), and cookies EVERYWHERE. I can barely stand the pressure. My mom sent me a package and she included my favorite homemade cookies. I think i almost cried. AND she sent some m&m's which are my stress reliever!! I have the cookies frozen and the m&m's hidden in Mafia Penguin. Just breathe... only 15 more days to go...Ahhhh The Grinch. So my heart might be two sizes too small because i vented some of my grievances, but all in all, i LOVE the holiday season nothing compares to it!!!

Here are some pictures from the get-together we had at the Strombergs. As you can tell the camera was placed somewhere and put it on timer, thus the large amount of window that you see. Burke and Aaron couldn't make it, so Chelsea and I became the Balder's (Barnard and Alder)
I'm not quite sure what is going on in this picture. But it cracks me up.

I hope you all have an incredible holiday season! Enjoy every minute of it (even if its cold!).

Yours Truly,

The Grinch

7 comments:

Mema of 5 said...

I think you might have some stiff competition from me for being The Grinch. Maybe it's in the genes. I am proud of you for not having had any dessert since Thanksgiving. That is quite an accomplishment. I'm also really sorry that I sent all those goodies. If I had known, I wouldn't have sent them (but then Poppy would have eaten them and that's no good). I can't wait to see you on the 27th. That should cheer me up a lot!

Ashby said...

Wow, no dessert?! I think I've single-handedly eaten your share during the past week. You are so brave to withstand all the goodies. I don't think I'd ever be able to do that. When you get out here we'll eat LOTS of Peanut Butter M&M's....deal?!

Gooch Family said...

Just move to AZ and your cold issue will be taken care of. It amazes me though how I've already adjusted here. Our temps have been in the mid to upper 50's and I thought today I was going to freeze! In Utah I used to think that was great weather if it was 58 degrees, now I think I need a huge winter coat and hat!

Tiffany said...

ok... I've got to agree with you on everything about the snow! I really do not like the cold! I am proud of you and the no dessert thing... I could NEVER DO THAT! Especially at this time. We should do our chocolate peanut butter party after the new year so you can enjoy it more!

Russell, Aimee and Savannah said...

Oh Kara! I know I tease with all the baked goodies! But god for you dear!! Two cheers for this holiday cheer mister! We have to watch that together before I leave town. Together I do believe we can quote the entire movie! You're 8 years old and you have a beard!! Peace!!!

Rachel said...

You're a crack up. And I think I may be runner-up for Miss Crank-fest. Seriously. Eric keeps saying he doesn't notice, but honestly people. And I TOTALLY know what you mean when M&M's taste better red and green! Especially when they're the Christmas minty ones. I've been craving those like crazy because they're my fave Christmas candy but I'm restraining myself as well. Not for the extra poundage, believe me, I'm still eating desserts thanks to those doughnuts yesterday...oops. I just can't bring myself to pay 3 bucks for a bag I'll have gone in one day.

grace said...

Dear grinch...I don't think I can explain how excited I was to wander onto your blog. I think I cheered out loud, seriously. How I miss you. It was quite a treat to run into Aaron the other day, but I miss my Kara. Hope all is well, even though you taken any hope of happiness (at least in my opinion) out of your life-that being cookies and sweets. Good luck with that. I recommend raisins to get you through the holidays....