Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Escape Artist

I was getting things done around our apartment and Grace had grown bored with playing on her play mat. I put in her in her recliner and made sure that I strapped her in. I didn't want a repeat of this:
About 35 seconds after strapping Grace in I checked on her and found her like this:
I'm starting to think that getting her to stay in that chair is impossible. Thank goodness for the safety strap though.
Despite being inches from face planting into the floor and having her legs tangled in her chair, Grace didn't seem too phased
This child is going to be the death of me

10 comments:

Diana said...

I love her big smile in the last one...so proud! Ella was looking at these pictures of Grace with me and then she just looked up at me with a big smile, I think she's excited to hang out tomorrow!

Mema of 5 said...

At least she is a Happy Houdini. Think of how much hair you'd be pulling out if she was huge CRANK and wiggling out of everything. She is going to be crawling in no time. We're going to be so stressed out over the stairs at the beach house, but it will be so totally worth it!

Kinzie Sue said...

She is so stinkin cute!! I think this age is the stage of figuring out how to get out of things! B gets out of this bumbo, bouncer, and sleepytime swaddle... I guess this means they are soon to be on the go. Watch out world!! Love Gracie's smile- what a happy girl!

Rachel said...

I also love that smile in the last pic! Good thing she's such a cute little stinker, I'm sure that helps!!

The Gilberts said...

I don't remember when Jackson stopped being put in the bouncy seat but he never scared me like that-- wow!

I have found high-chairs to be marvelous retaining devices, I love using ours for those little "step away" moments. :)

Ashby said...

You are in T.R.O.U.B.L.E. She's a mover. She'll be crawling in no time. At least you don't have stairs. Brooklyn mastered those at like 9 months. It was all downhill from there!

The Coons Family said...

I love it. That is hilarious. I love her face like "what are you going to do about it"

too cute!

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

Ha haha! Ooh, Gracie, you're good. Flipping over frontwards from a strapped-in position. I'd say she's ready to crawl soon, wouldn't you?

Tiffany said...

She is getting so big! And cuter every day!

Allison Barker said...

This makes me laugh! She is getting so dang cute. I miss you!