Wednesday, February 3, 2010

5 Months

Grace is 5 months now, and I think she is pretty excited about it
Here's a recap of what Grace is like these days:

She is the most wiggly baby on the planet. Constantly kicking her feet and moving around. Constantly.
She is the anti-snuggler. No matter how tired she is she refuses to cuddle and snuggle (believe me, I've tried). She would rather arch her back (my least favorite development) or turn her head side to side 4,000 times.

The thing that I love the most is that when you talk to her she reaches out to touch your face. She looks at you while she pats your cheeks with her hands. It makes me melt every time.
When she is happy she squeals at a pitch that might make your ears bleed.

She is still happy, smiley, and easy going.
We went to the doctor on the 2nd so we were able to get some stats:

Weight: 13.7-- 25th percentile
Height 25.5 inches-- 70th percentile

I showed my doctor the picture of Grace's rash after eating milk based formula and it turns out that she DOES have an allergy. I now have to cut diary out of my diet. Sad Face. (Heather G, please help me on this one). At least it all makes sense now.

Happy 5 months Grace!

6 comments:

Angela and Mike said...

She is a doll. Maybe she could give some of her squirmy-ness to Colton since he is the opposite. He is fine sitting on my map for 30 mins while reading a book, but he also is almost 1 and not moving at all..hmmm. haha. She is so cute and I can't believe she is 5 months!

Stephanie said...

Wow.....I don't know how I'd live without cheese. I hate milk, but cheese is another story. I'm surprised YOU have to abstain. Are you sure it's necessary?

Gooch Family said...

Ok first of all, I'm totally jealous Gracies eyes are going brown! And second and I am OH SO SORRY you have to cut out dairy. You think I would have gotten over it by now and don't think about it anymore after almost 4 months, but I still miss so dearly my nightly bowl of ice cream. I talk about the day I'm done nursing and get to go get ice cream. Dave thinks I'm crazy, ha. I thought cheese would be the hardest on me but I've been ok. The first few weeks were hard, especially trying to make dinner b/c I swear everything I made before had some sort of cheese or dairy in it. But now we just eat a lot of chicken, salmon, roasts, curry, salads, veggies. No more enchiladas, lasagnas, quesadillas, casseroles. So sad! I also buy rice milk and have my cereal w/that and I've grown to like it. I do REALLY miss a big glass of milk, but now I drink lots of water. So this is probably a good diet for me. But don't worry, I will go back ha. I tried soy milk and I didn't like it, although the chocolate was ok. It just tasted like dirt. Almond milk was my next favorite w/cereal but I just buy rice milk now. Sooo I think thats it. I'm so sorry again, its not fun! These kiddos owe us big time in the future for our sacrifices :)

Julie Markham said...

If Grace doesn't always have a rash, why do you need to give up milk? As I recall, she had the rash when you fed her cereal. Perhaps you can use juice or skip the cereal altogether. If she can be rash-free except in a few photos, why do you need to be ice cream-free?

Kinzie Sue said...

Ditto to the anti-snuggler-ness. K was a snuggler, so it makes me sad that B isn't. But all the smiles make up for it. And can I just say that Miss Gracie is absoultely beautiful!! Her eyes seem to just light up! Happy 5 Months Gracie! (oh and boo to the no milk thing... I'm wishing you major luck on that one!)

Ashby said...

I love that picture of her! She is so cute. And she has grown so much recently. Please come visit soon!!!