Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Success!

The switch to the new doctor was a success! I am SO happy that i switched. The new doctor is absolutely amazing and i'm pretty sure that he is one of the nicest people on the planet. He actually thanked me for being so prepared and organized with the questions that i asked... What? (i relayed the thanks to my mom who actually put the questions to paper... you're the best mom). The best part about the appointment was learning that I really did hate my other doctor. Here's why:

(caution: serious venting ahead)

1.) I sent a records transfer document to my old doctor two weeks ago. When i got to my appointment today my old doctor still hadn't faxed over the documents. I had to call their office and tell them to fax my file because i had an appointment right then. The lady snipped at me and said that she would only send the basic documents and that she didn't have time to send the whole thing. (UGH fine whatever). Thankfully she sent them over.

2.) At my last doctor's appointment the doctor did an ultrasound to see which way the baby was laying in my belly. I learned that the baby was breech (head up, butt down). My doctor said nothing about it, but i went home and researched like crazy about breech babies and what my chances were that she would flip and what i had to do if she didn't. My main reason for switching was that my doctor never told me what was going on or discussed options with me especially after i found out the baby was breech. I go to my appointment today and sit down with the doctor and ask my bizillion questions, i told him that the baby was breech at 33 weeks and i wanted to make sure where she was before i asked all my breech related questions. He looked at the paperwork and says "Your doctor didn't mention in here that you were breech at your last appointment." i said "What?! Are you sure?" and he said "Yeah, in fact she put in here that the baby was head down." I almost lost it. I know for a fact that the baby was head up... i had a sonogram for heavens sake, and why would i make something like that up!? Thankfully my new doctor said "Well i think you as the patient would remember something like that, so she must just have made a mistake in her notes. We'll check to see where the baby is in the internal exam." I could have kissed him.

(Venting session over)

The stats for my pregnancy progress is that the baby is HEAD DOWN! (its so weird that the doctor can feel the baby's head just by doing an internal exam). I'm 50% effaced, but not dilated at all. I'm thinking this little girl isn't going to come early, but i'm fine with that as long as she stays head down!

6 comments:

Mema of 5 said...

I'm so glad you switched! I'm so glad the baby is head down. Now, I've got my fingers crossed that she'll stay comfortably inside until Mema gets there.

The Chappells said...

I'm so proud of you for switching!! That is so scary, but I am so relieved for you. you are totally in good hands it sounds like and now you can sit back and just have fun in the last little bit here before your little one comes. We're so excited for you guys!

Diana said...

I hate your old doctor, enough said. Yay for head down, maybe it was the stretches you did at my house...ha!

Chelsea said...

nice work on the switch. i think you should be able to go to a "doctor fair" or maybe have doctor interviews before you choose one. it seems very complicated.

The Harrisons said...

Yay, I'm glad that the baby isn't breech anymore! I can't believe you are going to be having a baby soon. Crazy!

Ashby said...

That's awesome Kara! I'm so excited she's heads down. Hooray! And only 4 weeks left?! Wow!