Saturday, June 8, 2013

Virginia is for Lovers

During Aaron's finals at the end of February, my parents invited me and the kids to come out to Virginia. After flying twice with the kids by myself, I figured the anxiety inducing part was at least manageable at this point. We packed up our things and headed out.



The flight went well. Nothing our of the ordinary happened and the flight was relatively empty. We were greeted warmly by my parents and this lovely sign. The picture is my favorite part.
We wasted no time fitting ourselves into their routine and making up for time apart. Poppy and Christian getting some snuggles in.
 Cecil
 Sibling love while watching cartoons in Meah and Poppy's room
 Puzzles with Meah
On my Grandfather's birthday my Mom and I headed out to his grave. Unfortunately, it was ridiculously cold outside.


We snapped a few pictures and literally ran back to the car since any part of our skin that showed was painful from the cold.

Dr. P. Pops Anon D.D.S. visiting for lunch
 Christian got his first tooth while we were there! Don't mind the crusty nose...
 On Friday we headed down to Richmond to attend my brother's White Coat ceremony.

 Meah, Poppy, and Christian
 Ashley, and Me
 The Kiddos

 Will
It was so cool to be there during this event for Matt.
That night Grace and I shared a bed. When I came in the room, this is how Grace was positioned. Although I did move her, she was a real treat to share a bed with (note the sarcasm)
Christian got sick while we were there and was feverish (check out those poor rosy cheeks) so we cut out weekend trip a day short.
 We headed home the next night instead of sleeping over.
Meah straightened Grace's hair
 I never realized how long it was.
I got to catch up with Berta (who was my babysitter growing up) Love her.
 Christian and Meah
Since we were away from Aaron, we texted pictures a lot. I took out my phone and said "Smile kids" and this is what I got.
Once finals week was over, Aaron joined us. Christian getting some much needed father son time.
At Poppy's office waiting to get our teeth cleaned
 He still makes me all weak in the knees. And I miss his beard.
 Will and Cecil!
 I got the chance to catch up with my oldest friend Allison
 We love this girl

 Father and son
We also got the opportunity to meet up with Aaron's mission brothers. Brandon, Aaron, (Nico), and Mark.
 Nico meet Christian


We spent the rest of our time relaxing and enjoying every moment together. And Grace conned Aaron into tickling her legs while she watched a show.
And all too soon we had to head home. We had an amazing time being with my parents.

2 comments:

Allison Barker said...

So happy I got to see you when you came! Now I just need to make my way to Texas! :)

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

Aw, a Virginia trip! Looks like you had a great time-- weird that it was cold! Sometimes I wonder about whether or not to try and go to our 10 year reunion next summer. I'm kind of supposed to help put it on... in fact I've been invited to... but yeah. I'm not exactly there. I don't know. Would you consider making the trip? Let me know what you think-- if I knew you and Allison Barker and other Vienna friends were going, I'd be more interested in trying to make it work.

Cute kids!!