Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Easter 2013

We got in the Easter spirit early as Grace started to make crafts at the gym
She then wanted to decorate eggs, so we made some of the flat and paper variety.
Finally it was the Saturday before Easter, and somehow we had two dye kits. So we put both to good use and had a ridiculous amount of dye at our disposal.
But we capitalized on it and made 36 colored eggs. (18 were for the youth Sunday school lesson at church)
Christian was a big help

We got Grace jammied and ready for bed, and I had her dictate to me a letter for the Easter Bunny. I'm not terribly sure why I did this, Easter bunny letters aren't necessarily a tradition (not that I'm aware of at least). But I'm really glad I did it, we all got a huge kick out of the letter she wrote. The picture is my favorite part.
Aaron and I hid the dyed eggs, and the candy filled eggs and got the kids baskets set out.
It was fun to hear Grace's squeals as she discovered another egg to put in her basket. Both kids were spoiled by Meah and Poppy, and Grandee and Papa as both sets of Grandparents stocked their Easter baskets. Aaron and I got a few things in there as well. They are some seriously lucky kiddos.


We ate a quick breakfast
 And then played around before church started


Although the excitement of Easter morning was fun, I was so grateful to be able to take my kids to church so we could reverently celebrate the true meaning of Easter as we remembered the incredible gift that Jesus Christ gave to us. He is Risen!

No comments: