Thursday, March 7, 2013

CCB @ 8 Months

Christian is a long name, not super long, but one whose length lends itself to a variety of nicknames.
CCB--used anytime we write about him text, email, etc.
Boy-o/Boy-os--I have no idea how this one came about, but it came out one day and stuck
Little Man--A nickname Aaron usually calls him by
Bubbas--I'm pretty sure I say this to any baby
Buggeroo--This is Grace's favorite. She says "Good morning, Buggeroo" to him every day.
That Boy--Aaron's parent's gave him this nickname, its what they used to say to Aaron.
Ceece --It sounds like Reece, with a C. Derived from his initials.
I just love this boy. He is very even tempered and sweet. I honestly cannot get enough of him. He seems to be a constant calming force in a seemingly hectic and chaotic phase of our lives. His sweetness attracts us all like moths to a flame. His cheeks beg to be kissed, his squishy body begs to be cuddled, and those eyes and eye lashes seem to have on-the-spot melting abilities. Aaron, Grace and I all love to be around him. He is going through a pretty hefty attachment phase though. He's a Mama's boy through and through. He seems a little dissatisfied when I'm not around or not holding him. Which I'm more than fine with. (I'm selfish like that--and he is an awesome cuddler).
 At 8 months Christian is
-Sitting like a champ and can go from sitting onto his belly
-Has yet to figure out the scooting thing, but does rotate like a dial
-Is just now willingly eating baby food- the only flavor he'll eat is banana.
-Just started to eat puffs but hasn't quite mastered picking them up and feeding himself.
-Is just now starting to sleep through the night, (more on this later)
-Still nursing with some formula supplementation here and there
-His once blue eyes are slowly becoming less blue and more grey/brown
-While in Virginia he got his first tooth on the bottom right in the front. It looks as if his second tooth will make its appearance very soon.
-He drools like its his full-time job. We have to put bibs on him, otherwise we'd have to change his clothes constantly.
-He babbles "Dadadadada" is his babbling of choice (You win this time Aaron)
-He claps and will sometimes do it on command when you say "Yay!"
I love him. A lot. I thank my lucky stars for this little boy on a daily basis.

Happy 8 Months Christian Clark

2 comments:

Rachel said...

He is adorable!!!

Bill said...

I miss him already! I don't have him here to pull my goatee or drool on my shoulder. Life is so dull around here without his spontaneous smiles and clapping.