Thursday, March 1, 2012

Thoughts on Pregnancy: 22 weeks

Taken at 21.5 weeks
-The baby is high, and my lung capacity is low. It takes me about 20 to 30 minutes in the morning to finally catch my breath and get a good breathing pattern going.

-The double seat attachment for my stroller arrived today. We're now prepped and ready to lug two children around town.

-I feel like my belly is stretching at a rate my skin hasn't quite caught up to. I now daydream about putting lotion on my belly.

-We have started the planning stages of rearranging Grace's room to accommodate a twin bed and the crib. After the pacifier break-up I'm going to hold off on the toddler bed transition. I'm not quite ready for the freedom a bed can offer to Grace.

-Prenatal Pilates is the best thing ever. Especially when it's on a DVD and can be done in my jammies. Although I'm sure Aaron could have gone without seeing me do pelvic curls at 7:00am while he was getting ready for work.

-Braxton Hicks apparently are my constant companion. I get them at least once or twice a day. I didn't have them with Grace until I was 35 weeks. But this time around they started around week 14 and have been going strong.

-I really need to get in the habit of making my bed before I take pictures in my bathroom mirror.

-Baby Boy does not have a name. We created a master list and have since thrown that list out the window. I'm hoping the perfect name magically falls out of the sky and lands in my lap.

-He officially has his first two outfits, lovingly supplied by each set of his Grandparents.

-In a marvelous turn of events, my once acne-riddled face is now supple and smooth. Bless you magic hormones, bless you.

5 comments:

The Wilson Family said...

you look amazing. so happy! and congrats on a boy this time around! :)

ashleystringham said...

Ugh, I can't wait for the day when my skin will stop acting like a teenager's! I'm praying that mine will be inspired by yours. I can hardly believe it's been so long since we've seen you guys. This sucks!

Erin Collins said...

You look so great! Congratulations if I haven't already told you that!

Ashby said...

You look beautiful Kara! Wish we were together for these pregnancies!

Erika said...

You look so good! Such a cute pregnant lady. And that dress is adorable.