Sunday, March 25, 2012

Dear Aaron,

Dear Aaron,

You are out of town. This isn't a new thing. Last February you were gone for three weeks, and I had no qualms. But now, I am pregnant and my hormones are straight crazy. After the 17th tantrum that Grace threw the same day you left, and me making the mistake of thinking "What if Aaron's plane crashes?" then crying into my cheerios for a solid five minutes, I knew that Saturday we were getting the heck out of our apartment. So, we got ready in style (and by we I mean Grace, because I'm pretty sure I wore my gym clothes around).
And then we went to the car wash, because it makes everyone happy.

The weather was gorgeous so I got Grace some new shades.
And maybe marshmallows were on sale for 99 cents, and maybe we ate them while we shopped and drove around.
Then Costco Gas punched me in the face by charging me almost 50 dollars to fill up my car.
We dropped our groceries off, which consisted mostly of DDP, milk, and the ingredients to make chocolate chip cookies, and headed to the park. Spring in Texas does not disappoint.
Baby boy is doing well and seems to be growing by the minute.
Grace informed me that she was going to go and make me some water. I asked for vanilla flavored. I love that she is starting to use her imagination.
And then she wanted to swing like a big girl. Our baby is growing up.
In order to counter balance the chocolate chip cookies that we were definitely going to be eating later that evening, we went to Subway for lunch.
We both napped in Grace's room and then had Avery and Joslyn over.
It was fun to eat at a full table.
Grace was ecstatic when she learned that A and J would be falling asleep at our house. I had fun talking to their parents when they got back from date night. We always have great chats.
We were five minutes late for church this morning because I decided to do Grace's hair. Totally worth it.
My car battery was dead when we got in the car to head home from church. Who turns their car's headlights on when it is sunny outside? And then leaves them on? Yeah, me. Thank heavens for Ben and Jessica and their magical car jumping abilities.

We relaxed like champions this afternoon.
We know how to have a good time even when you're gone, but we can't wait to have you back at home. Come home soon.


Love,

Kara (and Grace)

4 comments:

The Wilson Family said...

Ben & Jessica. dang i miss them!! WE miss you guys and so excited about the baby boy coming to you this summer! yay! I miss that park. We lived there when J was gone. miss you guys!

Unknown said...

Your posts always crack me up!
Gracies little pig-tails are too cute!
I hope Aaron will be home sometime soon.

Cheryl said...

What an awesome post! I love your creativity with writing and in your daily life!!! What an amazing weekend you and Grace had together and how neat that Aaron could see and read all about it while he's away! :o)

Lynsey said...

It sounds like you have had a busy/fun weekend. Hopefully it helps the time to pass quickly until he gets back. Thanks again for watching the girls so I could take Josh out for his birthday. We had such a wonder date. The girls loved being at your house too.:)