Thursday, September 8, 2011

In Training

There are DVDs scattered across the entertainment center. Finding Nemo, the Emperor's New Groove, Shrek 2, Princess Movie Collection. One of them is always playing. There are books, and toys, stuffed animals, baby dolls, salty snacks and sippies filled with every type of drinkable liquid strewn about the living room. The most important item? The green frog potty. We are in training, potty training.
To be completely honest, I have been dreading this day for a long long time. Grace was ready for it months ago but I couldn't stomach the reality of actually doing it. There was always something going on, or some place I needed to be which conveniently "prevented" me from starting the process. After 5, yes 5, diaper removal, #2-smeared-everywhere incidents, I was done with diapers, and so was she. My schedule was blank for the next two weeks and I decided to bite the bullet.

Day 1 was full of accidents but in the end it was bizarrely successful. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the good luck continues. There is no looking back. Diaper free or bust. 

6 comments:

Diana said...

This is giving me some hope. How sad is it that Ella is older and I have still not conquered this terrible beast. Good luck and let us know how it goes. If it is successful then that is some serious motivation for me.

Alicia said...

Good luck! You can do it Grace!

Shannon said...

heck, I would use that green potty frog. it's awesome.

Gooch Family said...

She'll do great! Girls are smart :) Go Gracie! Here is my suggestion. When you go out anywhere, instead of asking her, "Do you need to go potty?", just take her. They usually say no until they have to go that second! Well sometimes. Its just easier than waiting for them until they are really good at it.

Poppy said...

Hey, Grace, we are so proud of you! "You can doo it".
Wee know you can! Frog-et about it! Love, Mema and Potty, er, I mean Poppy.

Rebecca said...

Here's to hoping that your lack of updates means things have been going well in the potty department!