Friday, September 10, 2010

Gracie's Birthday Celebration

I recently learned how to use iMovie and I'm a huge fan. I didn't take a lot of pictures on Grace's birthday, but we did use our Flip quite a bit. So instead of a picture post you're getting a video post.

There are two things you need to know before viewing this video.
1.) The song we are singing to Grace in the middle of the video is the Baskin Robbins "Ice cream and cakey cake" song that was stuck in my head when I was in labor with Grace. We changed the words to "Ice cream and Gracie Kate" after she was born and if you know us at all, you know that we sing it to Grace all the time.
2.) I never thought in my wildest dreams that Grace would react to her cake the way that she did.






11 comments:

Julie Markham said...

That darling little girl might have been feeling too much pressure... Next year she'll know what to do!

Unknown said...

Hahaha! That's hilarious. I'm glad she fed you the cake at the end.

Gooch Family said...

That is hilarious!! Don't think I've ever seen a baby do that. How fun that you got it on film!

Tiffany said...

So funny! Brooklyn watched it with me and loved every minute. She was laughing along with me. I love when Gracie feeds it to you!

Angela and Mike said...

haha, I love the cake reaction. Priceless. She was just SO shocked that her hand sank into it, and then it was all stuck to her fingers! Very traumatic indeed.

Jenni said...

Poor Grace. That cake was so mean.

Ashby said...

So cute! I love that she fed you some of the cake too! Happy Birthday Miss Gracers!

The Coons Family said...

Oh my gosh, I love this! She is so sweet! Try again tomorrow, I'm sure she would love it!

Diana said...

I love it! Happy Birthday Gracie! She looks so grown up and I love that she freaks out at the cake. Good job getting it on film!

Rebecca said...

I love her 'Ice cream and Grace' dance!

Shannon said...

I was just showing Ryan this video and we noticed that Gracie impersonates Kramer to a tee! Love the shakey hand as she pulls away from her cake!