Friday, June 18, 2010

Squirrel-napping

While Aaron, Grace, and I were in Utah my sister Ashby and her family along with my brother Matt made a California road trip. It was unfortunate timing for both vacations because we totally missed each other but they were able to stay at our apartment during one of their stops.

It was nice to come home and see the notes that my sister had left, and the Ghiradelli chocolates that they gave us weren't too bad either.

We have a calendar in our bathroom that we use to count down to our family beach trip. I noticed that there was a lot of writing on it and when I looked closely I realized that Ashby had written on a few of the days.
I was laughing at all the notes until I saw on June 1st "Squirrel Diasappears?!"
I immediately ran outside and my worst fears were confirmed. Mr. Nutter, our little squirrel buddy had been taken.

Later that same day, I found the following message and picture on facebook:

"Dear Kara, I may or may not have taken the squirrel. If you ever want to see it again, you'll have to bring Gracie to our house for Thanksgiving. I may or may not steal her too.
RyRy"
The squirrel goes way back in our family. It started with Stacey, was stolen by Ashby and Ryan, adopted by me and eventually Aaron, and has, yet again, been stolen by Ashby and Ryan.

We told Ashby and Ryan to watch their backs.... Mr. Nutter will once again return to his rightful home.

5 comments:

The Harrisons said...

How dare they!!! I always knew I was at the right apartment because of that squirrel.

Diana said...

This is pretty hilarious, I like your bro-in-laws ransom note. But I agree with Kate, I'm going to miss that squirrel directing me to the right apartment.

Shannon said...

Noooooo! Not Mr. Nutter! Bring him back, Kara. Bring him BACK.

Ashby said...

We wanted to take pictures of Mr. Nutter at our various stops along the way and then add them to the ransom note. We totally forgot.

Mema of 5 said...

I'm sorry, but isn't Mr. Nutter's "rightful home" in Springville, Utah? And, doesn't he actually belong to Stacey's old landlord? This really IS a kidnapping or perhaps a felony. Poor Mr. Nutter. He is an innocent victim.